MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New MG ZS being delivered Friday 26th can't wait, found this site, Excellent, great to see so many "fans" of the ZS.

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Hello Ken
Welcome to the forum,you will not be disappointed with the ZS and you have plenty of good country lanes in your neck of the woods to enjoy the zeds excellent handling.
BTW,spent many a romantic evening in epping green with Mrs Neal many years ago..........dont know where all the romance went;)

kev

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the Welcome

Your not wrong, I drive those roads every day, so I know them well.
Can you tell me what dealership you use and can you recommend it?

My nearest dealer is in Harlow its a Renult and a MGR dealer combined!?

Thanks

Ken

·
Registered
113 Posts
I know they are a bit further from you but I could highly recomend Jones of Rayne Just of off thr Braintree bypass into Rayne.
Pure MG Rover dealership and they really looked after me when I bought my car in december.
Also I have a source at Longbridge who told me they are one of the best.

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
<Can you tell me what dealership you use and can you recommend it? >
my local is lookers hadleigh and they are very expensive,might ring time/tees at upminster and get a quote from them for my first service.

dave,theres no chance of that happening,mrs N thinks i only love the car now :D

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Its Arrived

Car was delivered this morning 9 miles on the clock, Silver! looks the DBs, Looking forward to the journey home, Glad its Friday, the whole weekend to get used to her.

Not sure how many miles I need to "run it in"

·
Former ZT-T 260 owner
2,256 Posts
I think the official running in period is 600 miles. Keep it under 3000 revs for the first 600 miles, then gradually work your way up to the red line, when getting to 1000 miles...

HTH,
Nick

·
Former ZT-T 260 owner
2,256 Posts
Oh, I've just remembered, the actual running in procedure should be somewhere in the nice handbook they gave you with the car - also includes areas for stamping service history etc...

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
POETS Day

You know what they say about Fridays?

Just went to lunch Phew!!!:p

Have fun

Ken

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
How was it for you!?

Paul,

How was it then?

I clocked up 350 miles and only went over the 3k once that was when I had to see off some boy racer in a VW GTI,

Ken

·
Registered
136 Posts
keeping revs down

I have to do some motorway driving and try as I might there is no way I can keep the revs as low as 3k I keep them to four allthough every so often it creeps higher. I am trying to keep them down and run it in but its so ****** hard!

G

·
Running In!!

Just done 1400 mies in the ZT - revving to where I want to go - did around 4000 revs for the first 600 miles and then crept higher.

Now it's bouncing off the limiter! :D

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Its Difficult!

Have done 600 miles (ish), I am looking forward to winding it up slowly,

So pleased with the performance!

When do you suggest I have the first Oil change? I don't want to wait until its first service.

:p

Ken

·
Registered
136 Posts
Well that makes me feel a bit better, I am just not very good at being sensible, especially when I have a flashy new car and I am desperate to see what it can do... do they quicken up as more miles go on them. Allthough its quick and drives amazingly its not as nippy as I was expecting and reverse gear can be hard to find. I imagine these things will improve with miles.:confused:

G

·
Paul

I wouldn't worry too much. :D

Yes don't tharsh it for the first 600 miles. Then at 1000 go for it all day long. I DO think the oil change idea is good too.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts