MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the tread suggests, i saw a while ago some one on here fitted Brembo's to there Mg ZS 180 and wondered if anyone out there knows the kit i need to buy and if the rear standard items will be good enough with the brembo's up front for track days etc?

·
Front wheels steer, rear wheels drive.
12,325 Posts
its a kit someone was doing on rovertech, some on themgzs run them.
Standard brake sare good for track ona standard car if they are all in excellent condition and you know how to brake.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Yes I have brembos on mine. Its not a off the shelf kit though. Mine are GT2 calipers, Focus RS discs drilled to suit and use custom brackets made by Reyland. God knows what it would all cost new. Well over £1k I would think. The brackets are £220 on there own.
Most people run pug 406 calipers though, so they would be cheaper 2nd hand.
Std brakes are good as Dave says, but these are somthing else!
Cannot wait to try them on track.

·
Front wheels steer, rear wheels drive.
12,325 Posts
sounds good dave, got any pics mate?

·
Registered
385 Posts
its a kit someone was doing on rovertech, some on themgzs run them.
Standard brake sare good for track ona standard car if they are all in excellent condition and you know how to brake.
Just fitted the kit to mine together with goodridge hoses and rear race discs, what an improvement over stock! A good stock setup is more than good enough for the 180 but I wanted the brakes how I want them to feel.
Pm me if you want details

Cheers
Paul

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ive got the pug 406 brembos on mine and as Dave says they are great its amazing how late you can leave breaking!

Nice did you have to buy different mounts for the Brembo's to fit?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts