MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
True Brit
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today's Sunday Times "Jeremy Clarkson's Good Car Bad Car", he refers to the Jaguar XJR as still being Jaguar (when they are owned by Ford) but Rolls Royce's are German and should be killed off because they are owned by a German company. Is it OK for Jaguar because they are owned by an American Company? German or American, what is the difference?

·
the voice of reason!!!
12,407 Posts
Clarkson seems to have something against the Germans, or anything German. Remember what he did to a 911 in order to kill it off.

You asked if someone could explain Clarkson's logic, do the two go together.

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
EEEEgggghhhh!

The geezer is funny but a lot of the time makes little sense to me!

A lot of the time all these car journalists talk sh1te, in my opinion of course. ; - )

Matt.

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
Tend to go along with Matt. Car jurno's in the majority of cases are a bunch of overly paid nurks.

Just look at the list, Tiff Needell(failed racing driver), Penny Mallory(failed rally driver), Jason Plato(not employable), The Boy Wonder from Bottom Gear ( Adrian .........(something)), Vicki Butler-Henderson etc. Need I say anymore.

Makes me laugh these kids. Wonder what type of car they REALLY drive.

Jimbo

·
the voice of reason!!!
12,407 Posts
Wouldn't it be funny to see a 'fly on the wall' documentary about motoring journalists, maybe then they would actually have to drive the cars before trying to tell us how bad/good they are!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts