MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

161 - 180 of 189 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Hi folks,
Just been catching up with the F1 (missed a live race to come to the meet, now that’s commitment)

Really enjoyed the day, we will have to make this a regular thing.

Pics came out well, I will post them tomorrow as soon as I have edited the number plates, too knackered to do it now.

The drive over Sadleworth sounds like it was fun, sorry I missed it.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I second that idea. It's down to one of you guys now to come up with a venue out your way to make it fair on the distance that the majority travelled.
well, if its ok with the rest of you guys, i got a few places up my sleeve, will make a real good day of it if you want. Can go white water rafting, freefalling, absailing, bundgee jumping and for those willing, skinny dipping.lol. but seriously, if you dont mind, me and the missus would love to organise 1. some great roads not too far from where we live, we also have a friend that runs a pub not too far from the town centre (warrington ) and would be a great meet point and easy access. Let me know what you think.

·
Nightwalker
5,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #165 · (Edited)
Sounds good to me apart from the sports bit, I don't do sports lol. Just check the event list for things coming up so they don't clash. I know we have a charity meet to attend in September over in Kettering, there looking for 50 Zed's to attend. In fact I didn't see your name on the list, you coming?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Sounds good to me apart from the sports bit, I don't do sports lol. Just check the event list for things coming up so they don't clash. I know we have a charity meet to attend in September over in Kettering, there looking for 50 Zed's to attend.
I was looking at the post for that not too long ago, would love to make an appearance but i think would be a bit too far for us, but i will check the events and if enough people are happy for us to do this, then we`l get straight on with it. not too soon though got to plan it first obviously. will speak to you soon. bye for now.

·
Registered nUber
2,259 Posts
I had a really good afternoon, good to put names to names to faces to cars if you know what I mean and the weather even stayed clear.
Cheers to Sally for sorting it all out and Alan for checking my car with his scangague giving it a clean bill of health. Had to leave in a bit of a hurry as I was late getting back and forgot to take any pics so I will be nicking any uploaded ones. Will definatley be up for future meets :yup:

Rob

·
Registered
162 Posts
well, if its ok with the rest of you guys, i got a few places up my sleeve, will make a real good day of it if you want. Can go white water rafting, freefalling, absailing, bundgee jumping and for those willing, skinny dipping.lol. but seriously, if you dont mind, me and the missus would love to organise 1. some great roads not too far from where we live, we also have a friend that runs a pub not too far from the town centre (warrington ) and would be a great meet point and easy access. Let me know what you think.
Would be well up for another meet down your way Davey - you can count me in for that one.

Enjoyed meeting you and the rest of the guys yesterday, had a good day. It was nice to see NeilB's 4.6 V8 beast, and cheers aswell to Alan for running his diagnostic check on my Zed.

Davey, by the way, I don't think the Zeds were built for white water rafting, you've been wathcing too many Top Gears havent you - amphibious cars etc !! :stir:

Note to self, I must get a spoiler before the next meet, my car looked half naked amongst all the others !!

·
Nightwalker
5,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #171 ·
I haven't from Sean since I wonder if he's still driving round Oldham looking for us all? Big thanks to Alan (Aldon) for bringing his laptop always nice to know our car needs yet more money spending on it :irked:

·
BACK IN THE SADDLE
1,610 Posts
Hey Sean did you enjoy intimidating that Lambo ? :rockon:
i was so tempted to blast past him !
it was a good meet thanks to everyone who made it and to those that didnt , come nxt time !!!!

condolances to the family in the accident
sally i kept going round in circles trying to round you all up iv got some pics as well but dont know how to sort number plates , have to speak to paul and see if i can send them to him [oh paul errrrm any chance you can help a illiterate pc user ]

·
Now in a 3
4,092 Posts
it was a good meet thanks to everyone who made it and to those that didnt , come nxt time !!!!

condolances to the family in the accident
sally i kept going round in circles trying to round you all up iv got some pics as well but dont know how to sort number plates , have to speak to paul and see if i can send them to him [oh paul errrrm any chance you can help a illiterate pc user ]
I turned off at the big roundabout in Oldham back to Holmfirth. Had a cracking drive back on the A635. 2 or 3 nice pubs that would be ideal for a meet as well.

Nice to meet all the new faces as well as the familiar ones. For future meets we ought to have a rule that whoever organises it turns up last:sofa:

For Davey1:-
Janspeed - http://www.janspeed.com/index.php?p...roduct_id=708&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=35

Piper - http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/products/ProductDetail.asp?cls=ROAD&pcode=PIPTMG1SI&app=Y

NeilB:- get those exhausts sorted then you will have a truly awsome sounding car. Nice colour I'd be scared to death to even take it on the road.

·
Now in a 3
4,092 Posts

]
I think he would have let you pass, it looked to be bouncing around on the slightly bumpy road. I think he pulled off because he felt intimidated with all the zeds behind him (and a lexus). NOT!:lol:

·
Registered
394 Posts
I know we have a charity meet to attend in September over in Kettering, there looking for 50 Zed's to attend. In fact I didn't see your name on the list, you coming?
I can't find any info about this - could someone point me in the right direction as me & Sooz might be up for this.

161 - 180 of 189 Posts