MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 20 of 189 Posts

·
Nightwalker
5,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right peeps, Alan has convinced me that there's enough of us round here to have our own little mini meet. So now we need to brainstorm

Do we have an evening meet or weekend daytime meet,time too?

How often should we have our meet, monthly,weekly,fortnightly?

Where should we have it, pub,retail park,dirt track?

Once we have the basics sorted out we can see about making this a regular thing (fingers crossed)

·
Registered
6,473 Posts
I would be interested but only if it was on a sunday. We used to do northern meets on XPF many, many moons ago and would have a convoy of us driving the Yorkshire Moors, taking on Buttertubs pass and always stopping for a traditional Sunday roast dinner. Good chat, good driving and good photo opportunities ! We didn't have a routine, every fortnight or every month etc, we just did it when it suited the members who expressed an interest. :)

·
Registered
6,473 Posts
Anywhere that's reasonably central for the northern population ! I'm situated in Cleethorpes, just south east of the Humber Bridge. :)

·
Registered
162 Posts
Sundays sound good to me too.

Not really sure on place, but the convoy round the moors sounds sweet. Any chance to open the Zeds up on some country roads eh !

·
Nightwalker
5,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Idea 1 then :idea:

The White Bear (large pub and carpark)
Cross Street
Tingley
WF3 1LA

Easy access from the motorway as it's on Tingley roundabout. We could always just meet here and go for a drive round.

·
Registered
6,473 Posts
Mid morning i'm guessing ? And what date do you have in mind - hope not next sunday as i'm hoping to go to Oulton Park for the BTCC ! Where abouts is Tingley ?

·
Nightwalker
5,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Where abouts is Tingley ?
It's very close to Wakefield. I multimapped Cleethorpes to Tingley and it said 1 hour 30. Is this too much for you? Or anyone else?

I think we can say it won't be next Sunday as JerryZS180 still hasn't replied yet (he has been PM'd) and we have still to sort the finer details out.

·
Registered
6,473 Posts
No, that distance is fine - can do Wakefield in about 50~60 minutes :)

·
Registered
6,473 Posts
Then it's just a case of getting a good driving route together ! I'm sure i can work on something, going from our old Northern MG Owners routes from 2002/3 !

1 - 20 of 189 Posts