·
R.I.P [The Red Zed] MG ZS 180
19,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
YELLOW PERIL
2,407 Posts
Re: BTCC Thruxton April 28th & 29th

Cheers for that, weather we are having down here should make it interesting.

:wave:

·
It's a big fan
3,218 Posts
Watching Jason on Sunday, he seems to have a higher rideheight and smaller brakes on his MG6 than my ZS 120 has!

·
YELLOW PERIL
2,407 Posts
He drives the nuts off it, dont think he knows where the brake pedal is.

Just uses the back ends of others to slow down!!!!

Love him for the commitment. Pity he hasnt got a number 2 to cover his rear end!!

:wave:

·
No longer a Rover / MG owner.
1,152 Posts
Was good racing at Thruxton. A very enjoyable way to waste a wet Sunday afternoon.

I still reckon the bravest racers there were the Porsche Cup guys who had a very wet race but were all on slicks for the whole race (except one team who ended up a lap down).

Driving a 340bhp Porsche 911 on slicks in the wet on Britain's fastest circuit? Must have balls the size of melons........:err:

·
It's a big fan
3,218 Posts
Was good racing at Thruxton. A very enjoyable way to waste a wet Sunday afternoon.

I still reckon the bravest racers there were the Porsche Cup guys who had a very wet race but were all on slicks for the whole race (except one team who ended up a lap down).

Driving a 340bhp Porsche 911 on slicks in the wet on Britain's fastest circuit? Must have balls the size of melons........:err:
Those slicks seemed to have plenty of grip on the water, I didn't see any of them come off and even saw one recover from a firm nudge coming out of the complex - they appeared to be going almost dry speed :confused:

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
We went to Coombe on the Saturday. Very cold and windy with a little rain. I moaned but god I'm glad it wasn't on the Sunday.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts