MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
G

·
Good idea!

Lisa

Good idea - I posted the same on BTCC thread. I'm not here to organise - if I get into Manchester early enough I will meet you somewhere (will e-mail my mobile #). So, its over to you.

Martin on the other thread said he would be going.
Kelvin - will be there.
Kevin Neal - I'm 100% sure.
JIM - 50%
Me - 50%
Nick & Nat Young - 50%

These were my thoughts:
So what have we learned so far - check Autocar mag the week before - to get your free entrance for one person (min 2).

Swap mobile #s or maybe even better lets suggest a meeting point either in the morning or before the SPRINT race?

Don't know Oulton, so suggestions would be better from those that do.

Final thought - we/you could arrange to meet in a "M-Way" service station and drive in together?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Apparently there is a service station just north of Oulton on the A49, maybe we could all meet there and drive in together...

·
the voice of reason!!!
12,407 Posts
Can't see us being able to get.

Other, long standing, arrangements already for that day. I've already tried to get out of them but without luck.

·
the voice of reason!!!
12,407 Posts
Good news - I can go.
Hope to see 'the boyz' build on what they started at Brands.

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
Not sure at this stage. Will advise closer to the date. Oulton is a great circuit. Not dis-similar to Brands. Great for viewing and is a fast circuit.

Jim

G

·
Paul from MG BB

Paul, [email protected] on the MG BBS mentions he might meet up with us.

Lisa are you still coordinating a meet?

I'll met you in the circuit, as I won't get ther until late - will e-mail my mobile #. Suggest the others do the same!

·
the voice of reason!!!
12,407 Posts
Jerry.

I've got your mobile number but no-one elses as yet. Will e-mail(or PM) others with mine and suggest others do likewise.

Like the idea of meeting up beforehand and arriving in 'convoy'.

G

·
Sorry won't be able to meet as Admin's left me behind and have other comitments. But Kev have a good time if you go to Blackpool. Hope all have a good day at Oulton

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i am currently arranging this meet up for z-cars at oulton, but not sure what time to meet...does anyone know what time oulton park opens both days?

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Does anyone know the pit lane allocation at oulton??.
As i intend getting hughesy to sign a photo and the last thing i want is a load of screaming schoolgirls and Jerry ;)swamping the works team area in pursuit of the atomic kittens.
kev
btw its quite a late start so where are u meeting up and what time??????

G

·
Kev

You are safe - I won't have my Reid picture - sent to my home I guess. I will be late too + jet lagged.

Also just heard that a good friend of mine who was in the RAF with me and a Captain on Virgin Atlantic has just died of a heart attack - puts life back into significance. Give me a ring at the circuit. :D Please use the PM system if you want my mobile # to those who want to meet!

·
MG ZT-T 190
6,716 Posts
I will be bringing photo enlarments with me, so if you are there gerry U can collect. I am not picking enlargements up until Friday!

Pit alloacation is a bit of a lottery!!
More cars than garages!,
its also much smaller pit lane than Brands!

Kev I would go for hanging around at rear of garage, and ask for an audience with Warren! Public can get to the rear door of pit garage!!

Kelvin

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hi everyone!

I have decided on the best place to meet up this weekend in our Z-cars!
I propose we meet up on the Sunday only because the timetable starts at 8.30 on the Saturday which would make a very early start to be able to stop and meet up beforehand.
So the meeting will be as follows:-

Asda, Dene Drive, Winsford, Cheshire CW7 1BD - 10am Sunday 21st April.

Please email me at [email protected] for a timetable and map and also to confirm you will be there and in what car!

G

·
Maybe Not for me!

Well done Lisa - I hope you ger a "gathering," as mentioned I won't be there. Will meet in the circuit (if not too tired, in which case I'll go straight home).

Just found out that I'm off to Boeing Field in Seattle a few days later (6) to pick up an aeroplane. So I imagine MAX will expect me home after this 12 day trip. :D

Kelvin, if you read this - maybe won't see you to recieve the piccy. Nice article on tha Caterhams BTW!

·
'Him' is everywhere!
3,146 Posts
Does anybody know how we are fixed for paddock access at Oulton Park this weekend?

I know some of the smaller circuits have to restrict it to pass holders only, and as I have not been there since 1984 I was wondering if anybody could help.

Brands Hatch was non existent! Donington is the total opposite!

Kind regards,

'Extreme'

·
MG ZT-T 190
6,716 Posts
Paddock access is ok... (on foot of course)
Top teams have the garages ,but more cars than there are garages, so many teams are in the paddock with reasonable access to view!!

Kelvin

1 - 20 of 26 Posts