MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
MG XPower.
2,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone know the actual Race Start Times for Race 4, 5 and 6?
Ive searched the internet and cant find anything..
Cheers.

·
R.I.P [The Red Zed] MG ZS 180
19,410 Posts

·
19,410 Posts
Link Fixed

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi guys
So watch the BTCC today and mg are doing great until
jason played his dirty tricks as always why does he ,
if someone did that to him he be spiting his dummy .
regards ade.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Hi guys
So watch the BTCC today and mg are doing great until
jason played his dirty tricks as always why does he ,
if someone did that to him he be spiting his dummy .
regards ade.
Somebody did (Jackson) smashed him off in the earlier race!!! Didnt hear him moaning then.
He was much faster and Sheddon was blocking and holding him on the straight.

·
Registered
731 Posts
He was much faster and Sheddon was blocking and holding him on the straight.
doesn't help that the honda team has to run the lowest boost of all on the pit lane.

If the hondas could run the same boost as some of the others you might not see the MG for hondas dust.

·
19,410 Posts
Last race

Jackson Disqualified

Plato moved to third place with a 2 sec penalty for bumping

Sheddon moved to second and then to First:coffee:

·
It's a big fan
3,218 Posts
doesn't help that the honda team has to run the lowest boost of all on the pit lane.

If the hondas could run the same boost as some of the others you might not see the MG for hondas dust.
They only have lower boost because they have larger intakes, the boost is calculated so that the same amount of air gets into the cylinders of all of the engines and so the maximum power possible is the same for all engines. If more boost was the reason that Plato is faster, why are all the others using the standard engine not keeping up? Neate even has the same car but only ever makes up a few places per race whereas Plato can go from last to first in a a single race...

·
Registered
731 Posts
They only have lower boost because they have larger intakes, the boost is calculated so that the same amount of air gets into the cylinders of all of the engines and so the maximum power possible is the same for all engines. If more boost was the reason that Plato is faster, why are all the others using the standard engine not keeping up? Neate even has the same car but only ever makes up a few places per race whereas Plato can go from last to first in a a single race...
Plato has a great talent, without doubt, moreso than most on the grid, but he is not the only exceptionally talented driver there.
As for Neate, the words echoed in the pitlane seemed to question how good he has been after the accident, don't think its a fair comparison.
We saw how well the later disqualified Focus performed on the straights.
The team I was refering to does not run a TOCA engine.
Don't want to open a can of worms.

They were 3 great races and all very entertaining.
Words echoed in the pits ... No-one thought 888 would perform as well as they have, don't think 888 did either.
One team commented 'if you want to know how the MG really performs, look at Neates car', which is a great testiment to Jason's ability as a driver.
It should be a good season

·
It's a big fan
3,218 Posts
Plato has a great talent, without doubt, moreso than most on the grid, but he is not the only exceptionally talented driver there.
As for Neate, the words echoed in the pitlane seemed to question how good he has been after the accident, don't think its a fair comparison.
We saw how well the later disqualified Focus performed on the straights.
The team I was refering to does not run a TOCA engine.
Don't want to open a can of worms.

They were 3 great races and all very entertaining.
Words echoed in the pits ... No-one thought 888 would perform as well as they have, don't think 888 did either.
One team commented 'if you want to know how the MG really performs, look at Neates car', which is a great testiment to Jason's ability as a driver.
It should be a good season
Of course more boost will make the cars faster but just because a car is fast doesn't mean it has a lot of boost or that it is cheating! The MG will have the same boost as the rest of the cars with TOCA engines. The Honda cars have less because they are different engines with different inlet manifolds and they need to have less boost or they would have a power advantage.

I don't think we have seen the performance of Neats car yet, partly Neats fault but not entirely. At Brands his car wasn't finished and it wasn't his fault that he couldn't qualify at Donington or that he got put in the barrier after reaching 6th position in the last race.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
I think Sheddon deserved it. I cracked up at Plato's excuses, still my favourite driver.

Jordan is a close second - is he actually a robot? Helluva save from that spin and the other tail-out moments I thought. Had the pleasure of a passenger lap round brands with him and I don't think the tyres stopped howling at any point.

·
Registered
516 Posts
I think Sheddon deserved it. I cracked up at Plato's excuses, still my favourite driver.

Jordan is a close second - is he actually a robot? Helluva save from that spin and the other tail-out moments I thought. Had the pleasure of a passenger lap round brands with him and I don't think the tyres stopped howling at any point.
Bit down on pressure were they ?..... ;)

I find it very difficult to admire someone who stops a better car/driver combination from getting past as was the case here. All that swerving, ducking and diving if deployed by ALL drivers would result in a demolition derby. That never happens in BTCC. Yeah right.

If stopping someone getting by that way is acceptable, why not go the whole hog and allow tyre destroyers on the sides of cars and deploy those when anyone dares to pass.

There's a reason ducking and diving that way is not allowed and in fact penalised in F1. One of the main reasons I voted with my feet and never attend these events anymore. That combined with stewards turning a blind eye to the 'antics' of their favourite drivers whilst heavily penalising others for far lesser misdemeanors.

·
It's a big fan
3,218 Posts
So why didn't Plato use his two wheel trick on Sheddon instead of giving him a push :confused:

It worked when he squeezed passed Nash with only a half meter of road available:

and he is getting quite good at it:

·
MG ZS180 MKII 5 Door
207 Posts
Awsome drive from Plato in race 3!:yup:

Just a pitty Jason was blocked on the last clear straight and then the Red mist decended. Honda driver should have been penalised for braking on the straight too.

Echo MGJohn's comments but have seen favouratism in F1 too!!:handbag:

I want to see Neats car sorted and some great racing. Hope to see both very soon.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts