MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
correct me if i'm wrong but are the cars run today 2001 b cars that the works team will run at the first race at brands.then before oulton park the 2002 car will be ready and the 2001b cars will be handed over to team atomic kitten.

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
Kevin sounds about right. The man in the know is Kelvin as he is "in" with MGR and WSR. Can you enlighten all us Kelvin, you've been a bit quiet lately. I had hoped you could have helped on a '80's Touring Car Pic downloaded by John.

Jim

·
MG ZT-T 190
6,716 Posts
AFAIK the MGs at Brands Hatch were the NEW cars, not last last years! Reids new car showed up after lunch! And you will see from publised times was not as quick as warren!!

The Kitten MGs are last year cars, they are leased to AK,
along with MG /WSR support.

Because the new cars are not quite sorted, AK have to wait until MG/WSR are reasonably happy. I think AK MGs are due out at Oulton.

Kelvin

·
MG ZT-T 190
6,716 Posts
Correction!

Rob Oldaker called me a little while ago,
(name dropper or what!!) I double checked with him while he was on the phone as to which cars were being run.

Kevin was right to assume that Warrens car is the 2001 car, but with it has some enhancements!!

And indeed it was the 2002 car of Reid that arrived at lunch time! Warrens 2002 car is near completion too.

A slight problem with igntion kept Reid of the pace, but they know what it is!!

Kelvin

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good News!
That means then, warrens car which has been very competative during testing will be a great launching pad for the atomic kitten team :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts