Max & I will be there Monday.

I believe the following are going and have my mobile:

Kevin Neal
Kelvin Fagan
John & Elaine
JIM
Matt Hicks (will have)
Missed anyone?

Meet either before Pit Walkabout or somewhere past Druids - between races or as required.

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
See you all there!!

What a result! (read on)

Me and a friend were talking about going, and then he called me to let me know that he had been sent 2 free tickets by a supplier of his (he works in the building industry).

The tickets include for pit lane entry, etc.

Complete coincidence. Such good luck huh???

Anyway, Jerry and Max, Silver Cowley made Max is unable to attend due to a puncture and Kwik Fit being so incompetent as to not be able to supply a replacement Dunlop SP3000 225/45/ZR17 within the required programme.

Will be attending with my friend Mark, who is in two minds whether or not to buy a ZS180 (come on boys,l some subtle persuasion necessary!!!!!

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
John - thats the best route for you. I will link up with the A1 at Colsterworth (Between Stamford and Grantham) via Ancaster.
Then adopt the same route as you. lNot sure what time to set off. I thought about allowing for 3 hours.

Jim:confused:

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Just got back from a chilly brands,they reckon it will be brighter tomorrow.
Met kelvin at dingle dell where we watched in amazement at the cars taking off (them clio's really fly):D
see Tiff Nedeel who is taking part in a historic le mans car race,they sound fantastic,only wish there grid was bigger :(.
apart from that it was preety quite there not as many trade stands as last season,didn't see any MG Rover activity.
i think the boys did alright concidering they haven't done much testing in the 2002 car yet,reidy's power steering packed up so he didn't do so well in the second qualifing session.

C U tomorrow :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Kev

Your not going to bash the Mits are you?

What was the traffic like around Brands. I guess parking was easy today?

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Parking was easy,you could even park on the south bank opposite the pits.
The only problem was a council rubish tip at the m25/a20 which was a nightmare this morning-hope its closed tomorrow.
enjoyable ride home, vitesse 800& cooper 116 tried their luck :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
No competition - might have to go ant-clockwise home on the M25 tomorrow. :D

Watch out for the driver of this "BARGE" though! It's rumoured that this car EATS little old ZS180's :D

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Well that was absolute CHAOS to get out of there wasn't it!!:eek:

Anyway, it was great to meet everyone and put some faces to the names.

I thought MG were very unlucky with sequences of events in both their races today.

However, I am well impressed with the hardware they have.

Watching them today has proved that the cars and drivers are more than up to the job!!:D

Also, the amount of interest and support for them was much higher than I expected. On the pit lane walkabout, they were by far the bussiest garages and I saw a lot of people wearing X Power clothing. Not to mention the cheers when the cars overtook people!!

Well done MGR!!! Looking good!!

Matt.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Well that was absolute CHAOS to get out of there wasn't it!!:eek:

I thought MG were very unlucky with sequences of events in both their races today.

However, I am well impressed with the hardware they have.

Watching them today has proved that the cars and drivers are more than up to the job!!:D

Also, the amount of interest and support for them was much higher than I expected. On the pit lane walkabout, they were by far the bussiest garages and I saw a lot of people wearing X Power clothing. Not to mention the cheers when the cars overtook people!!

Well done MGR!!! Your future is bright!!!

Matt.
It was a top day out! Unlucky MG:(

On the clothing front, please do not buy the MG hats with flames on, they are not Pukka MG ones, just people tryin to make a fast buck:mad:

·
Registered
521 Posts
Just got back from great day out, shame about the chaos getting out. Fantastic to see so many MG's made the trip.

Jerry, good to put a face to a name, sorry I couldn't make time to see any of the other board members who made the trip, but hope we can meet up at future BTCC meetings

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
That was the best toca meeting ive been to :) every team got cause for hope out the day.The best news being the MG's being on the pace of the works astra's.
good to meet everyone but where was the cupra kid(didn't show his face):D

21 - 40 of 46 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.