MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In case anyone else was thinking of fitting EBC Greenstuff pads to their ZS180, I've just phoned a supplier who in turn phoned EBC technical, only to be told that the pads are under development but are not likely to make it to market for another 12 months. :(

For anyone who is not aware, Greenstuff is a fast road brake pad based on kevlar rather than being metallic like most OEM pads. This means that they typically wear the discs more slowly. They also have zero carbon content so produce virtually no brake dust - meaning less wheel cleaning is required. :D

S.

·
the voice of reason!!!
12,407 Posts
I think that some other manufacturers of 'fast road' brake pads may have something available. Not sure wether they are kevlar or just use less carbon, When I find out I'll post it here.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Are the ZS180 brakes so different, because the disks are the exact same dimensions as the Rover 800's, and knowing MGR, they just raided to parts bin!!

Stu

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think that pads have to be type approved for each application. You could fit R800 pads - assuming they are the same size - but I think that you would have invaildated your insurance in doing so as they are not type approved for use on the ZS. That's my understanding anyway.

S.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts