MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all

Can anyone tell me where I can get new backing plates for the front and rear pads, aswell as the circular plate from the from the front calipers. Changed discs and pads last night to find that almost all of them were rusted through. I've checked rimmerbros and europerformance but can't find them anywhere.

Also is this the nut that sits in the middle of the hub, the one that holds the driveshaft ect http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/Item--i-EJP7738L

Rusty

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
The nut is the correct one for the centre of the hub.

I have looked for the backing plates before with no luck, they all come as part of the kit when you buy genuine MG Rover pads, but I couldn't find any where selling them separately.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the nut confimation.

Do you know how important those backing plates are? Can I run safely without them? Can't really see the point in them?!

·
It's a big fan
3,218 Posts
Thanks for the nut confimation.

Do you know how important those backing plates are? Can I run safely without them? Can't really see the point in them?!
As said, they do come with the proper brake pads. I think they are only there to avoid brake squeal and can safely be left off. The EBC green stuff pads come with some sort of fabric on the back which I think is supposed to do the same job and you shouldn't use the metal backing plates with these. ...unless someone knows better?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts