MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

· Which one shall I drive today?
6,505 Posts
Another problem with pay by cheque orders is people that place an order, then forget to post the cheque. Obviously these orders never get sent out. Eventually I have to cancel the order (usually 4 weeks after it was placed) but in the mean time stock is allocated to the order and unavailable for others to buy. It's not really a problem when there's lots of stock, but when we only have 2 or 3 of something, others may be missing out or we are loosing sales.

While I'm in whinge mode... Not everyone completes the order process when using paypal, and cancels after the payment has gone through instead of using the link to return to the shop. I get your money, but have no idea what you were trying to buy as paypal hasn't confirmed payment to the shop so it drops the order. This can be resolved with a few emails, but it's all hassle.

· Registered
628 Posts
Seamaster
NO they don't

Remember where I live ?? nobody here can get a Social Security payment book let alone a credit/debit card.

Well they do all have credit cards it's just that the cards aren't their own

· Registered
2,518 Posts
It may be worth noting that i know the Forum has a Barclays acct. You can put the cheques + paying in slip in a white envelope and write Barclays Cheque deposit on the top followed by Sort Code ----------, Account--------, Contact----------- and then pay these in at ANY Post Office.

I pay all our cheques in via the post office because I can be bothered to go to the bank often.

They will say you need the proper envelope but just tell them you've run out and are waiting on new ones (They aren't very good at sending them and you are only supposed to order them for personal accounts)

· Premium Member
12,372 Posts
Okay folks, late getting to this thread but my thoughts (for what they are worth).
We don't know who the defaulter was (well I don't and suspect most don't).
We don't know the reason why the cheque bounced ( I, once, had a cheque given to me which bounced dur to another cheque being paid into the other person's account bouncing).
Naming and shaming is a bad idea as it can easily alienate the person concerned, but may also alienate others as well.
Unfortunately not everyone has a credit/debit card so restricting to paypal/nochex may not be the answer. May be asking for an e-mail from the purchaser and replying with acceptance and expected delivery could be a way forward.

· Which one shall I drive today?
6,505 Posts
robbo sps said:
Not eberyone wants to be robbed by Paypal.
Paypal fee's come out of the shops profits, so we are being robbed not the customer.

There's also the option of using NoChex. It's been available for quite a while and NO ONE has used it yet.
For those that don't know, NoChex is a BRITISH equivalent to paypal, and the costs are slightly cheaper. The down side is that the minimum withdrawal from a paypal account without incuring additional fee's is £50, with NoChex it's £100.

· Registered
2,312 Posts
Well I've been using PayPal now for nearly a year and I have bought goods from the shop and other internet sites...never been charged and extra penny for it and very easy to use....I find it the best way to go.

If we are to accept cheques they should be clear on sites account and then deliver the order...not before that even if cheques are worth 2 pound.

Alex :beerchug

· Registered
339 Posts
On the subject of paypal, if someone uses a stolen card to pay for goods, guess where paypal look to get their money back?, so may not be any better than accepting cheaques. Sad world when people resort to ripping other people off on a forum like this.

· Registered
569 Posts
Another alternative, if people insist on post payment, would be postal orders.

Orders are prepaid at the PO so are guaranteed ok (unless they're nicked of course!), and can be cashed at PO or banked

ATB

Simon

· Registered
118 Posts
I have had a few rubbernecks in the past and it is classed as obtaining goods by deception,I think, clearly illegal. If the person involved hasn't got a good reason (sometimes banks screw up as well) then it is worth sending to the courts small claims together with a claim for costs, procedures are a lot easier now.We used to post the dud cheques on the reception wall but that is illegal as well ,dunno why?? I now wait till cheques clear before dispatching goods. :rules:

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.