MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after a lot of deliberation I've gone and done it.

My ZS went in on Saturday for the cam belts, but at the same time I'm having the piper cams fitted along with an ITG maxogen filter kit and Janspeed manifolds and an elks power lightened flywheel. I've alreadt got a decat pipe (cat will go back on for MOT)and the duplex exhausts. So it should be a bit nippier when I get it back - can't wait.:thumbup:

One thing I'm still contemplating is replacing the mid pipe with a stainless one, so the whole exhaust is stainless. Now do I delete the mid silencer and just run it on the duplex back boxes or will it be to loud? any ideas?

Steve

·
Registered
976 Posts
I love the fact that everyone finally seems to be upgrading their zeds, mines away for similar things and more, and a few others are too, look forward to hearing how the mods affect your car! Keep us posted, good one for going ahead with it!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers guys, I'm airing on the side of no mid box for the exhaust, I could always get one fitted if it is too loud.
Redzs180 I was looking at modified heads by a company called CNCheads up here in Manchester (Stockport to be precise) but at £1200 the pair I thought that's pushing it just a little bit.
When I get it back I just need to get it mapped, can anyone recommend someone ideally in the Manchester area if not who's the best/most trusted/most experienced?

Oh and just for everyone's info, I know its been mentioned before but piper have no more verniers, I asked, I even asked if they could make up a set with bits they may have lying around but no, and there are no plans to make any more.

·
bigfella-network.co.uk
5,743 Posts
I have similar mods on mine, I also fancy getting it mapped. I have a few other things to tidy up first.

·
Front wheels steer, rear wheels drive.
12,325 Posts
dont need mapping for 270cams and breathing mods.
imo leave the centre box in the exhaust, ive seen it taken out before and it gained no power, if anything it lost a bit, but it was very noisy!

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
Go for the mapping BF. Well worth it. Smoothed everything out and brought the few mods together tbh.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imo leave the centre box in the exhaust, ive seen it taken out before and it gained no power, if anything it lost a bit, but it was very noisy!
I wasn't really thinking about giving more power by leaving it out, its more for the sound. At the moment its very muted, a bit better with the decat pipe bur still a bit too quiet, it will still have both back boxes on that are part of the Janspeed duplex system.

Why do you not think its worth having it mapped? I thought with cams exhaust and the ITG it would tie everything together.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Go for the mapping BF. Well worth it. Smoothed everything out and brought the few mods together tbh.
Thats what I thought! though I'm interested in all views, I still have no idea of where to get it done though.
I'm sure some one on here had his car mapped with the mods I'm having done and he got 220bhp (all I can remember is it was silver and he had it in his sig 220bhp) I think his was done at superchips or something like that.

·
Stop that! Thats silly.
2,826 Posts
I found that with manis decat and itg it lost power! I put the cat back in and that seemed to fix it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts