MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Audi S4 500HP
6,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had an accident this morning.

rear 1/4 smashed in wheels bent into arch etc.

R.I.P baby :(

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
Oh no, hope you are ok, and that you can claim against someone else.

·
Registered nUber
2,259 Posts
Fu##############k!! :( So sorry to hear this as your car was a cracking example inside and out from what i'd seen and read. Glad you ok and hope you can salvage and or re-shell all the nice mods and features. Dont let the vultures take it.

·
No longer a Rover / MG owner.
1,152 Posts
Oh NO!:cry:
Can you buy it back if offered? After all the work you put in it would be a shame to scrap it.

Yours was always an immaculate TY ZS180.

·
Audi S4 500HP
6,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not sure if I can get it back or not yet.

They are taking it away to asses it

·
Premium Member
7,145 Posts
Sad news.:(

·
R.I.P [The Red Zed] MG ZS 180
19,410 Posts
Sorry to hear this Andy but at least you are ok.

Hopefully you can get the old girl back on the road:)

·
Registered
830 Posts
Sorry to hear of the accident. Good to hear you are ok though.

Does the damage appear enough to have bent any chassis parts or is it just superficial?

·
Audi S4 500HP
6,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Not sure if it's repairable for me if/when I get it back.

But I may habve found a replacement to pop the important bits over too.

it's a ..................................

TY MK1 180 saloon :)

Cheers for everyones support etc

Andy

·
Audi S4 500HP
6,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well if it doesn't rain ffs

kids apparently think sitting on the bonnet is fine now as the rear is a tad mashed

Having a feckin bad day ffs

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Ahhh noooo! Gutted for you!!!

But if they write it off you can always buy it back! It's still your car. I payed £225 to buy my mk1 back and they gave me 2.5k for it

·
Audi S4 500HP
6,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ahhh noooo! Gutted for you!!!

But if they write it off you can always buy it back! It's still your car. I payed £225 to buy my mk1 back and they gave me 2.5k for it
Sounds promising then :)

I hope to be back in a 180 one way or another(still love the damn things lol)

it's a love affair aint it :)

·
It's a big fan
3,218 Posts
:sad: - it wont be the same around here if you don't fix it!

If you think it might be repairable then do get a quote, there are not as many parts that can get damaged at the back as there are at the front so the cost is often less then you think even if there is a fair bit of metal to straighten. You would probably be happier with the one you know than a similar replacement that you don't know the history of as long as its sorted properly.

·
Audi S4 500HP
6,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
:sad: - it wont be the same around here if you don't fix it!

If you think it might be repairable then do get a quote, there are not as many parts that can get damaged at the back as there are at the front so the cost is often less then you think even if there is a fair bit of metal to straighten. You would probably be happier with the one you know than a similar replacement that you don't know the history of as long as its sorted properly.
Cheers Windy.

Will need a quick replacement TBH,but if I take some pics of the damage (from side & underneath/boot) I suppose it will help(incase you guys know a way to fix her)

·
YELLOW PERIL
2,407 Posts
Glad you are keeping the faith, TY!!!

Hope you can sort it, and can buy it back, swap all the good bits you want to keep and make some cash on the other bits.

OR

Maybe just the rear suspension thats bent, keep my fingers crossed for you and its not terminal. We know the insurance Co's will write them off for a scratched bumper nowadays.

·
Audi S4 500HP
6,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Glad you are keeping the faith, TY!!!

Hope you can sort it, and can buy it back, swap all the good bits you want to keep and make some cash on the other bits.

OR

Maybe just the rear suspension thats bent, keep my fingers crossed for you and its not terminal. We know the insurance Co's will write them off for a scratched bumper nowadays.

Cheers Pete.

Will be a swap to a new car I reckon as the rear 1/4 is very bent (door of its line etc)

I just hope I can climb back into a ZS 180 soon (missing her/it already & it's not been 24hrs lol )

1 - 20 of 75 Posts