MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
2005 octavia vrs
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my lasses car kinda 'squirms' if you drive it at 65+mph. now i've had 4 wheel alignment done and checked the tyre wear. all seems good. it has conti's of the front and cheap ass maxxis on the rear so i suspect its the rear tyres.
any suggestions on an averaged priced tyre to hopefully solve the problem?

·
No longer a Rover / MG owner.
1,152 Posts
I know that F's and TF's are quite tyre sensitive from reading the F and TF section on www.mg-rover.org - might be worth popping over there for some advice...............

As for reasonably priced 15" tyres, I have a set of Toyo Proxes T1R's on my 200vi which are very good and sticky wet or dry.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Have you got the right size tyres on? A lot of people fit all 4 the same size when really it should be 185 55's on the front and 205 50's on the rear, if they are all the same you get the symptoms you describe.

I have only ever used Goodyear tyres as recomended on F's but the one I have just picked up has DieYoungDitchFinders on th rear and a mixed pair on the front, going to get some Falkens or Khumos on the front and see how it goes in the summer with the ones on the rear.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Toyo Proxes T1R's are probably the best bet on 15" wheels but ideally all 4 wheels should have the same type of tyre (not size), also if you go for the T1R's make sure you get the reinforced side-wall version with the rear tyres.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts