MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey:)
well next weekend (26th) im doing ben nevis wih 4 of the guys from work, The tallest Summit in Britain! im doing it for marie curie cancer research which is a really good cause! now im not expecting everone to sponsor me at any rate, but if you have a spare quid then it all adds up at the end:)ive set up an online sponsor sheet:D so if ive gave any good advice or helped then you could show your apreciation here:)

http://original.justgiving.com/richardpooley

·
YELLOW PERIL
2,407 Posts
well next weekend (26th) im doing ben nevis wih 4 of the guys from work, The tallest Summit in Britain! im doing it for marie curie cancer research which is a really good cause! now im not expecting everone to sponsor me at any rate, but if you have a spare quid then it all adds up at the end:)ive set up an online sponsor sheet:D so if ive gave any good advice or helped then you could show your apreciation here:)

Always give great advice and help. All the best with the climb, dont forget the suncream and hat!!!!

:wave:

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks pete:) they give you a kit list of stuff you have to bring, which amounts to a big bag! i think theres still snow at the top at the moment too!

got £40 already:D got about £200 ish i think on my sponsorsheet:) still to harass everyone at work:p

·
YELLOW PERIL
2,407 Posts
thanks pete:) they give you a kit list of stuff you have to bring, which amounts to a big bag! i think theres still snow at the top at the moment too!

got £40 already:D got about £200 ish i think on my sponsorsheet:) still to harass everyone at work:p
I'm sure all the help you give on here should push it up a bit Ritchy.

We going to get a snowy picture????

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
il get some pics posted up:) hopefully not of me in a survival bag blowing my whistle for help though lol

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
dont get it
lol. just as well. Was a bit lame.

I've actually been meaning to that for years just never got around to it. My browsers full of Ben Nevis links. Even scouted the various paths via google earth. This summer I might be up in Scotland so I might make a weekend diversion to fulfill my little ambition once and for all. Need to buy sturdy boots first. Good luck with the climb. Should be fun.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks mate, yeah should be good, was going to do it last year but things came up, going to do this this year and plan doing the full west highland way next year, done sections of it, i think after a week in a garage its nice to be out in the open, whatever the weather i love being outside

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
looks like rain pete:( managed to raise £55 online so far:) not counted up whats on the sheets yet but theres £118 on one:D

·
YELLOW PERIL
2,407 Posts

Hope you got a bit of ££££, off here, for all the help and advice you have given over the months.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
cars ready for the run, leaving 5;30 tomorrow morning to be there for 8! see how the 110 is with 4 big people in it haha

1 - 15 of 15 Posts