MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
just bought my zs180 mk2 with 55k on the clock. There is nothing in the history that suggests the belts have been done. The guy I got it off said they had been done but he had lost the reciept, so I got some money off. Looking at the belts they look new with no wear at all on them.

I'm just wondering if I should be worried about the lack of reciept, and at what milage would you normaly be looking at changing the belts? Guy said they were done at 50k, does that sound about the right time to do them? Thanks for any info.

Dave

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
If I was going to have to give some money off I would gone back to the garage that did the work and got a duplicate receipt - I'd change them.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
can anyone tell me why the belts need changing at 50k miles? most cars are a lot later than that. are these engines realy that bad?

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
IIRC the belts are due at 90k or 6 years, which ever is soonest.

·
Registered
376 Posts
5 years or 90k.

Why not buy a lower mileage engine that's had the belts done already and drop that in (wink wink nudge nudge)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the advice guys.
I think im going to take it to the garage and ask them to confirm they have been changed. If they havnt, what sort of bill would i be looking at for belts and full service. Im guessing not cheap lol. How much for the engine leigh and what is the milage? Thanks again for the help.

Dave.

·
Registered
376 Posts
The cam belt service is £500 plus. I had mine done by lates600 in October. (he's quite well known in the MG/ rover community). It's done 36k..... Not really sure on a price tbh. Open to sensible offers though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts