MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Mechanic in disguise!
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been busy today and done a couple of mods to the ZS.

First was the chrome rings i got off ebay....

And then thanks to djk88 i now have a set of chrome sills fitted too!

Also replaced the old faded rear MG badge and flag badge, and then hopefully this weekend ill be fitting my new leather steering wheel.

Gosh...i do love my car lol

·
Registered
317 Posts
I really like the look of the silver rings and have been interested in doing it for a while. It makes the dash and interior feel that little bit better and its something they should have done from new to remove that cheap feeling in the cabin. Just a little expensive mod for the what it is though but well done for doing it. Did you stick them on with glue or sticky pads? The sills look sweet this was my first mod as i was totally horrified when I bought my first ZS and found the Rover cheap skates had removed the classy silver door sills, once again once fitted it helps remove that cheap feeling.

·
Mechanic in disguise!
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know what you mean about removing the cheap feeling, ive been in a rover 45 and the interiors just feel a little more classy compared to the bland feeling of a ZS. I dunno if its because they're trying to go for that look or they were weight saving etc, but just adding the chrome rings has made looking at my speedo feel that little bit better!!

Cost wise tho, they weren't too bad but i have made a promise that every month ill buy a little something for my ZS to make her look better.

They are'nt stuck on, all you have to do is push fit them into the holes and then bend back the lip of the aluminium so it holds it in place. Didnt fancy using glue which might run down the dash etc lol

Next mod which is up for doing is using Di-noc carbon fibre wrap to cover all the painted dash/gear surround parts :D

·
Still not cured of MG addiction
7,110 Posts
Next mod which is up for doing is using Di-noc carbon fibre wrap to cover all the painted dash/gear surround parts :D
That's interesting, when I had my mk2 180 I was having a mad idea about the interior, which involved:

- carbon fibre to cover the same areas you're thinking of
- black rubberised paint to cover the rest of the dash
- grey alcantara retrim or roof and pillars

I eventually decided it was too much work and sold the car, I loved the drive but had got bored of the interior - shame as it was mint and I'd had it from new :(

I'll be interested to see how you got on with that carbon fibre trim as I'd be worried about how it will cope with wrapping round curves - but good luck!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Think the speedo dials look sh-t hot,I agree rover should have done this to start with,a good mod to a already nice car

·
Mechanic in disguise!
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's interesting, when I had my mk2 180 I was having a mad idea about the interior, which involved:

- carbon fibre to cover the same areas you're thinking of
- black rubberised paint to cover the rest of the dash
- grey alcantara retrim or roof and pillars

I eventually decided it was too much work and sold the car, I loved the drive but had got bored of the interior - shame as it was mint and I'd had it from new :(

I'll be interested to see how you got on with that carbon fibre trim as I'd be worried about how it will cope with wrapping round curves - but good luck!

That sounds like a mighty plan you had there!

I did a bit of research before buying the Di-noc stuff, but it copes with curves and bends with ease and ive used vinyl on loads of things before.

As soon as ive got eveything done ill be posting pics obviously lol and ill send you a link to the work if you like?

I decided on the 3m Di-noc stuff as it actually LOOKS like carbon fibre, unlike that shiny stuff you can buy from halfrauds lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts