MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its been an interseting time where I work, first of all we where told just over a year ago we would all be outsourced, no idea how many would lose there jobs etc etc, out to tender etc

anyway a couple of months ago we where told that as we where all doing such a good job no company could possibly to it better so they cancelled the outsourcing project, horay!!

Then a month later we where all told, erm well actually we're selling the company (the real reason the outsourcing was cancelled, the buying was one of our competitors so would use there own staff), oh there will be job losses, don't know how many etc etc

Then it turn out the big boss would be getting a 5m payoff when the deal completed.

except the regulators wouldn't play ball and stopped the deal, the big boss and company trying to buy us was so arrogant towards the regulators they barred it lol

big boss had already sorted himself out a new job (of course) and so is leaving anyway, now there are loads of staff posting all sorts of gushing brown nosing rubbish about how wonderful he is on the company website WTF!

this is the guy that was going to outsource us all, then bare face'd lied to us, then tried to sell us, making sure he got a 5m payout and sorted himself out a new job when we would all be screwed (2000+ people all on the market at the same time in a tiny sector, right, good luck with that) yet these idiots all think the guy is wonderfull!!

how, just how can people be this blind, and how can the big boss be such a total ****er and get away with it?? he was going to screw us all over not once but twice, get 5m in the deal, and made sure he still had a new job to goto. If you need to be able to screw people over like this to get on in life then thank god I'll never be a big boss.

·
YELLOW PERIL
2,407 Posts
Over here if you have been employed for over 2 years you have protected employees rights. TUPE, Transfer of undertakings protective employment,
http://www.acas.org.uk/index.aspx?articleid=1655 dont know how that would be in your case. I know its a European Directive, but Switzerland may be out of the loop.

Main thing is that your employment rights transferr to the new company, or they have to pay redundancy, if they can prove they have no position for you.

Bosses will always come off best, either have a golden handshake, or a job with the new company, paying the same or more.

Not a very good position to be in, when you dont know if your job is secure, hope it sorts its self out and you are OK.

:wave:

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm passed caring to be honest, if they offered redundancy I'd take it like a shot. you can't treat people like that and expect them to stay motivated.

Just a shame I'm too lazy to look for somthing else lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts