MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys, I have some new badges on the way, and I was just wondering how I go about removing the old ones?

·
It's a big fan
3,218 Posts
Hair dryer to warm the glue, then for the rear one use a piece of cotton or maybe fishing line as a cheese cutter to saw through the glue. For the front of a Mk II it can be pushed out from behind after warming the glue but I think you may need to use a knife from the front for your Mk I - put some tape over the paint first if you do.

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
All depends what you ordered? Mine were just the metal centres so just hooked them out with a small blade.

·
YELLOW PERIL
2,407 Posts
My badge renewing was as Windy said, except I didnt put tape on the front when I put a flat knife under it.

It must be a bit rounded just under the badge and I managed to gouge out a little paint.
Doh!!!!!!!

Also I waited for a hot day and parked the car to benefit from the sun heating it all up. Might have to clean up a bit of the old adhesive that sticks to the paint.

Think its just the fear of getting in there, once you start its nor too bad.

Just dont forget to tape up around it so you dont scratch the paint!!

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
Thanks fro the responses guys. I got the badges from www.mgbades.comso hopefully it wont be too much of an arduous task!
http://www.mgbadges.com/

Mrs TC used her hair drier to warm the glue when she replaced the centres on her badges on her ZR160, she then levered them off with a thin screw driver.

She then left the new ones on a radiator for and hour or so so they glued better.

·
Audi S4 500HP
6,659 Posts
Looking @ the site,they are inserts for the original faded badge.

Should just stick into the centre of the OE badge I think

1 - 7 of 7 Posts