MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Silverline tools are absolute junk. The nut splitters I have would probably fail to crack a walnut (something I have done with my bare hands ^^). I wasn't going to rant, but disgruntled amazon buyers also give 1/5 stars for their products.

Avoid. Would not buy again.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
they are cheap tools so expect cheap results

i did buy a 6-32 spanner set off them and thats been pretty good i have to say...but then most spanners are okay

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
I got given a set of ratchet spanners for Christmas that I know the Father in law got free with some larger purchase, complete ****, the Halfords ones I already owned are much better and thats saying something!

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Is it worth making a list of good/bad brand names or shoudl one just buy snap-on?

As they say buy sh17e buy twice! lthough your argos back boxes are lasting ok, lol.
Lol yeah but there ARE two of them xD

Might as well post it here. How about home made tools? I found cheap pipe to use as wratchet extender bars. 3ft for my 3/8 and as i already have a 3ft 1/2 breaker bar I thought I'd make a shorter 1.5 - 2ft 1/2 breaker. However before i cut it:

Behold! the 6'5 breaker bar!
Size comparison shots.

next to a size 10 shoe

next to an mx5

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
When I was younger and poorer I'd buy cheap tools and if one broke I'd replace it with a decnt one, then a couple of years ago I got fed up with such a mix of tools so I went and bought several different sets of halfords pro, got 1/4, 3/8 and 1/2 socket sets for £100.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts