MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
bigfella-network.co.uk
5,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Major frustration, after all the hassle I had with Autoglass previously (scratching the car, fitting old trims etc) I'm having to return.

Hopefully they will be able to repair it as its about the size of a 1 pence piece.

I'll be leaving in 30 mins to get it done, fingers crossed. Wish me luck!

·
Registered
647 Posts
are chipped windscreens a new thing of the last 5 years or so?

I have only been driving about 6 and half years but I dont ever remember my parents ever having trouble with chipped windscreens or is it a case of people didnt care or where not mot issues untill recently?

During my driving career I have had to have 4 windscreens replaced to due to irreparable chips.

·
bigfella-network.co.uk
5,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tell me about it, if I have another windscreen the ZS would have had 4 in its lifetime!

Anyway, I'm back now. They were very good this time, they managed to repair it and it is hardly noticeable. Not sure if it will get worse, I've never had a screen repaired before.

·
YELLOW PERIL
2,407 Posts
Think if you get it done quickly, before it startys going milky, it will be OK.

Had our Punto done and that lasted 5 years or so before we got rid of it.

·
Registered nUber
2,259 Posts
That is bad luck, glad its sorted tho.

10 years years and never had a chip thats been an issue. Fingers crossed. In my old 45 I remember when the car in front rubber exhaust hanger came off and headed straight for my face whilst doing 30-40mph. I was clenching hard before it bounced off and over the car.

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Glad to hear it got sorted and done properly i can understand your concerns with autoglass i had my screen replaced there 5 or 6 weeks ago they made a right mess it was fitted to low so the trim wasnt fitting properly i kicked up a big fuss took it to another branch and they fitted another screen and it was all done properly you would think autoglass would be very good at there job with being one of or maybe the biggest window company out there doesnt seem to be the case though i have heard so many bad things about them its untrue

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts