MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

This is my first message to the MG X Power Forum and I look forward to being an active member.

I am currently the owner of a R75, 2.5v Connoisseur, which is now about two years old. Throughout the life of the car, I have only had one piece of warranty work carried out, and that was for the "rear shocker squeak". The car has been a pleasure to drive and I can honestly say it has been the best car for refinement and build I have ever owned.

During February, I visted my MGR dealer in West Oxfordshire to order a R75 Tourer but found myself falling for the MG ZT-T, so I ordered one. The most difficult decision to make was, which colour? My wife liked the Trophy Blue but I decided on the Le Mans Green.

I was given a delivery date of 17th March, but sadly I heard from the dealership yesterday, who stated that there will be a delay in its delivery, because of parts delay at the factory. (bumpers)
I hope to now receive the car by the end of the month.

My wife is currently the owner of a MGF and looking closely at the TF.

Look forward to giving my impression on the ZT-T 190+ when it arrives.

Alan

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
Welcome aboard Alan. Nice choice of vehicles if I may say so. My 2.0 V6 had squeaking shocks as well. Other than this no major dramas.

Jim

PS - Keep us posted on the MGZT T

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi Alan

Glad to hear you have ordered a ZT-T. I bought a ZT 190 and collected 1st feb 2002, it has been excellent, I love it and so far there have been no problems. The handling is great fun, and I just enjoy driving it.
Look forward to hearing your views when you get it

Mike

·
Registered
258 Posts
I've had my ZT-T+190 since October, and so far I've no regrets.
Only a couple of small problems (squeaking clutch pedal, excessive handbrake travel - both sorted by dealer) and a worrying problem once when the tailgate/rear window wouldn't unlock. However, this has only occurred once.
Overall, this is an excellent car but it could do with more power, traction control and a 6 speed gearbox to be best in class.

G

·
Alan BC - I too await your report.

Tony - it would seem that the 190ps engine is not sufficient in this class of car. However, it would appear that MGR will be addressing your critiscm very soon with the V8 engined 265. Hopefully this car is priced competatively, which I'm sure will be the case. Nevertheless, the ZT-T 190+ is still the most competative in its class now regardless of our thoughts on power.

Oh! I guess the 265 will have traction control as standard - otherwise tyre wear will be excessive! :D :D :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts