MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Former ZT-T 260 owner
2,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Autosport link

MG star hoping for reversal of fortunes

MG's Anthony Reid is hopeful of taking his first British Touring Car Championship win of the season at Thruxton this weekend after the disappointment of the last two rounds at Oulton Park.

Reid only notched up a single fifth place at the Cheshire circuit after a broken plug lead forced him out of the feature race, which he believes he could have won. The tin-top veteran topped the times in an official Thruxton test earlier in the year and believes the WSR-run MG ZS EX260s will continue to make progress at the fast Hampshire track.

"I think we can move forward again at Thruxton as was the case at Oulton Park and Brands Hatch," Reid said. "I'm expecting to see a little more from the engine performance and chassis, and given that I was fastest at the Thruxton test, that all bodes well for both races."

But there will be two unknown factors at Thruxton. One is that the pace-setting Triple Eight Vauxhalls missed the test because the cause of James Thompson's Brands engine failures was being investigated. Thompson had two engine blow-ups at the season opener, which proved costly given the rule limiting each driver to just four units per season.

The other is that control tyre supplier BF Goodrich has developed new rubber to cope with the high-speed sweeps of Thruxton. Reid's MG team-mate Warren Hughes, who took a pair of second places at Oulton, said: "With a new tyre being introduced, these are going to be interesting races.

"Due to my results at Oulton, I will be carrying a lot of success ballast and will have to see the difference this makes. I love Thruxton and had a lot of success there during my Formula 3 days."

Both the sprint and feature races take place on Bank Holiday Monday.

·
the voice of reason!!!
12,407 Posts
Don't usually get the time to read such publications - but it's a long weekend ahead (lots to do at home though).

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
What do you think about the BTCC going to rockingham next season maybe?????
Haven't been there myself but have heard good reports .might put a rocket up silverstone:D

kev

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
Totally agree Kev, nothing wrong with a bit of competition. Modern facilities and with a banked oval/road circuit it's probably a good receipe.

Rockers has just reduced the prices for the Cart race this year. Now is that because they haven't sold enough tickets or is that they don't want to rip off the punters! Carts got to be better than F1.

Jim

·
the voice of reason!!!
12,407 Posts
Watching milk floats coming out of the dairy in procession has got to be better than F1.

:D

·
the voice of reason!!!
12,407 Posts
That's nice.

I particularly like the 'sporty' model under 'Milk Float Selection'.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts