MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. So here are the option *** 330Ci. X-Jag 3.0SE, or MG 180 Auto.

after a day with the jag an hour with the MG and 30 mins with the *** I think I want to go for for the MG. However I had set my heart on a cruiser rather than a sports monster. The *** and the Jag fit the bill but the MG does the same for 10k less.

I like the jag the best in terms of fat bloke looks nice and cumfy as buggery territory. I'd probably go with the 75 if it didn't handle like a narrow boat - the engineers at MG have done something special with the ZT.

Now. Has anyone driven an auto? Do they end up as ordinary as the jags? Auto and MG don't fit. I want auto coz i spend an hour a day commuting in trafic that needs an auto.

P.S. Previous cars include 2 x tomcats + 1 620Ti + 4 *** 318se (Company motas against my better judgement).

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
I know where you are coming from with the AUTO, especially in today's traffic conditions. Therefore the ZT 180 makes sense, but I wonder how it performs - the slushbox on the R75 had the weakest review of all the new products in Autocar. The box hunted and sapped a lot of power - or maybe it was a bad car.

Be interesting to test drive a ZT190 back to back against a ZTS 180. Also, I imagine residuals on the AUTO may not be so good (MG and AUTO don't mix - mentally as you said). However, if a company is paying go for it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts