MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just moved loads of threads and for some reason fccphone post on the Northern Meet was deleted (apologies).

Anyway would you mind reposting. I don't know the date - fccphone said full details are on http://www.mg-rover.org/

I believe Andrew and JLD (John) maybe attending too.

Again apologies for the deletion.

·
the voice of reason!!!
12,407 Posts
The date for the Northern Meet is Sunday April 14th.
The venue Settle in the beautiful Yorkshire Dales.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This weekend isn't it (of course it - Johns said so above). Who is going? Hope the weather holds for you!

·
the voice of reason!!!
12,407 Posts
Got the final route - looks good.
One or two names on the list that I recognise - be nice to be able to put faces to them at last.
Looking forward to it - see you there.

·
Zed Heaven
7,508 Posts
Hadn't realised my original post had been zapped.

Anyway, although only couple of days away, here's a summary.

It's a social gathering of Northern MG Owners in the form of an 80 mile drive (in 2-3 stages) around the Yorkshire Dales starting at midday on Sunday 14 April at Stainforth near Settle.

Idea is we set off and do about a third of the route whereupon we arrive at The Farmers Arms for lunch (pre-booked).

Then do another third or so an maybe find a pub to stop at before doing the last third and returning from whence we came.

It's very much a social get-together and full details are on www.FindlayColquhoun.com

Please note the route data has now been removed from the Internet due to possible pranksters trying to be funny and signing them and their 99 mates up to the event!

The official and finalised route was emailed yesterday to all those signed up. Anyone not signed up will not be able to get the route data.

Hope the weather's good but even if not I don't care. Will be good just to see other MGs and their owners. Dales won't know what's hit them.

To all those that are going...I wish you a safe journey to Stainforth and see you on Sunday.

To all those not going...I'm taking my digital camera and will upload pics of the event next week. Plus why don't you go!!!

·
the voice of reason!!!
12,407 Posts
Just finished printing out the route - looks good.

Was all set to give the ZS a wash and its started to rain. Looks good for tomorrow though.

Will also take my camera and try to get some photos uploaded as soon as I can.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looking forward to seeing a bunch of MG's pictured together. Pity I'm thousands of miles away as I'm sure Max and I would have liked to attend. Safe driving to those that are. :D

·
the voice of reason!!!
12,407 Posts
Great Day

What a great day out !!!!!

Hope everyone arrived back OK.

A very big thankyou to Findlay and Ian for their efforts in organising the route, stops etc.

Nice to be able to put faces to names (and cars).

Made some of the locals look didn't it - a long line of MGs passing by (and filling car parks).

Looking forward to seeing some pics soon.

·
Zed Heaven
7,508 Posts
John (and others) thanks for making the effort today. Thought it was excellent and can't wait for next meeting.

My many photos will be uploaded to new Northern MG Owners website (click here) from 9am Tuesday. All new website for all things related to our informal gathering.

See 'other BBS' for a much lengthier posting from me about today.

All the best.

Findlay

·
the voice of reason!!!
12,407 Posts
Photos on Findlay's site well worth a look.
More will probably be added at some stage.

·
Zed Heaven
7,508 Posts
NMGO Meet-Up #1 Photos

A mere snapshot, if you'll pardon the pun, from Sunday's fantastic meet. About 50 more photos can be found on our official website.

I even managed to get the Ribblehead Viaduct in!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.