MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 3 of 21 Posts

· Registered
731 Posts
Anyone slightly in the know knows that the 6s in BTCC are pretty much silhouettes with nowt in common with road car.
If everyone who was a fan of MG in btcc bought one how many sales is that? A couple of hundred?
very true, there is little in common with the ngtc and the mg6 in terms of engine, suspension, brakes etc etc.

Heres an interesting one...

To enter btcc (if i am correct) 2500 units must have been sold for homoligation.

whatever the figure of sale are, I doubt its anywhere close to 2000.

This proves how the other teams willing to accept the 888 mg entry without sour grapes.
good old British sportsmanship on their part?

· Registered
731 Posts
100 units were sold to a car rental company, now I don't know the exact price, but I doubt it was much over (if at all) 10k per unit.

There is little if any profit in selling to rental companies, its usually just done to get the things out there and seen (and sometimes just rid of things), bit of a marketing ploy.
(in the 00's, you could buy a brand new chrysler through the rental channel for 6k! - its all been done before by companies trying to get brand awareness)

The mg6 hardly sets the motor industry alight. The looks are not striking, it has been commented many a time that from the b-pillar back it looks like an overgrown prius mk1, a car known as a 'lunch box' on wheels.

All that aside, the new hatch that has been spied at longbridge has had good comments made about it, so lets hope the other models may be the saviour of MG?

1 - 3 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.