MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aston Martin powered machines were quite popular in the Group C era of Sportscar racing. We had Robin Hamilton's Nimrod Team, Viscount Downe's Pace sponsored Nimrod's and the manager of Pink Flloyd's rock group, Steve O'Rourke Emka Aston designed by Len Bailey.

However, there was a further car built and raced in the mid 1980's, named after a fast cat. Can you answer the following:

a. Name of car.

b. Main sponsor - oil company.

c. Who was the team boss.

d. Name the Ex Nimrod driver which also drove the car along side the Belgian Ex Grand Prix driver. You don't have to name the venue if you don't want to (David).

Jim

PS - David you should be going to Le Mans this year.

G

·
JIM

You are right Dave should be in Barge #2 or #3.

However, I think I know the answer - what's the prize though - a ride in a ZT to LM?

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A ride in a car which is best described as "A wolf in Sheeps Clothing".

You've got it - A Rover 75 V6.

Jim

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Obviuosly I will be at LeMans in spirit but since surviving on a lot less dosh than a year ago, and Mrs H. not enjoying the best of health these days, my W/end activities have been curtailed a bit. However, when "The light and medium commercial vehicles of the British Motor Industry" 128p, By David Harrison and Kenneth McKenna is published to massive worldwide acclaim, I will be a Zillionaire author and will once again be able to roll across to the Sarth (Went in 87)

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dave I know what it's like. I took two steps backwards and now on the third step forwards. I'll buy the book, as long as its got a CD with it with lorry noises. Favourites were always the 6 cylinder Commer and a RoadTrain on the A1 at 60 odd mph.

Now there's an idea Dave. Nick Mason did it with his "into the red" book.

Jim

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
JIM said:
Aston Martin powered machines were quite popular in the Group C era of Sportscar racing. We had Robin Hamilton's Nimrod Team, Viscount Downe's Pace sponsored Nimrod's and the manager of Pink Flloyd's rock group, Steve O'Rourke Emka Aston designed by Len Bailey.

However, there was a further car built and raced in the mid 1980's, named after a fast cat. Can you answer the following:

a. Name of car.

b. Main sponsor - oil company.

c. Who was the team boss.

d. Name the Ex Nimrod driver which also drove the car along side the Belgian Ex Grand Prix driver. You don't have to name the venue if you don't want to (David).

Ok GUYS HERE'S THE ANSWERS YOU'VE BEEN WAITING FOR:

a. Aston Martin Cheetah

b. Gatoil

c. Chuck Graemiger

d. Ray Mallock. (Belgian Ex Grand Prix driver was Bernard De Dryverand the circuit was Spa).

Jim

1 - 6 of 6 Posts