·
R.I.P [The Red Zed] MG ZS 180
19,410 Posts
If only:)

·
Lighten up dude
1,154 Posts
Ditto

perfect car - timing wrong for me just now. My ambition is to get both a ZT260 + a ZS180 under 10K miles and nurse them into (my) retirement. I'd be a very happy boy then.

This must be a pretty rare car now with that mileage - I found a ZT190 with delivery miles last year and almost bought it but the wife beat me up at the last moment and I had to make a choice. Not sure I made the right decision - might have been happier with the car - at least I wouldn't have had to sit through CSI every other night.

Sure you will get a buyer if you are patient - stunner. Pistonheads might see it go.

P

·
Registered
361 Posts
Great looking car, but I can't see it going for as much as that unless you get someone who just wants it for shows etc.

Anyone buying it, intending to use it will still need to get the belts done.

Mind you ..... if your father-in-law fancies a focus diesel - let me know !

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Great looking car, but I can't see it going for as much as that unless you get someone who just wants it for shows etc.

Anyone buying it, intending to use it will still need to get the belts done.

Mind you ..... if your father-in-law fancies a focus diesel - let me know !
I hate it when people say "can't see you selling it for that price"

I proved these forums wrong in selling both my previous ZS's for significantly more than book figure.
My 1st MK2 had a book figure of £3500 - I sold it for £6000. My second ZS had a book figure of £2800 - I sold it for £4500.

I also sold my recent Vectra VXR with a book figure of £10,000 for £12,500 and my Clio williams with a book figure of £1200 for £2200 - All since February this year.

Wait patiently and you'll get a buyer

·
Ahhh. It's good to be back.....
1,454 Posts
Can you buy mine for £5k and sell it for £6K? Good profit for both of us!!

:beerchug:inv:

·
Registered
361 Posts
I hate it when people say "can't see you selling it for that price"

I proved these forums wrong in selling both my previous ZS's for significantly more than book figure.
My 1st MK2 had a book figure of £3500 - I sold it for £6000. My second ZS had a book figure of £2800 - I sold it for £4500.

I also sold my recent Vectra VXR with a book figure of £10,000 for £12,500 and my Clio williams with a book figure of £1200 for £2200 - All since February this year.

Wait patiently and you'll get a buyer
Don't want to spam up the guys thread but I stand by what I said. I hate it when people make claims but don't fully explain the history. I've mentioned nothing about a "Book" price as i'm not a trader. I have however, bought and sold 3 ZS180s in the last 2 years and am always looking to see what they are up for.

Your 1st Mk2 - The red one was far from standard with good modifications which found a buyer - after a while - looking for those mods. Your second one was hardly standard either - the monogram so called ZS-X, where again after getting it, you spent money getting it how you wanted it -corrected paint etc and selling it on for £4500. Neither of those cars were standard. You got a good deal on your Vectra when you bought it, but then spent out again modifying it and so it appealed to relevant people. You managed to sell it on for good money. Well done.

I question too, that you have proved these forums wrong. Did the people who bought your cars come from these forums ? I'd wager not - and were more likely to have been via general population methods such as Autotrader as I've heard nothing from either ZS owner since you sold them on. As such the seller IS likely to find a buyer via Autotrader.

For every car you claim to have made money on - or sold for "above book" there are plenty out there who don't and expect their cars to devalue during ownership.

This guys ZS is standard with very low mileage. It has a great spec and so is worth more than others for sale at the moment by virtue of the mileage and full leather interior. I think he may well get a buyer - but - at £6K it'll be someone looking for a very special car.

That's not putting a downer on the car - IMHO.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Did the people who bought your cars come from these forums ? I'd wager not
Yes both my ZS's went to existing forum members at the time. Lewerty1 bought my 1st ZS and Jay_180 bought my second ZS. I had little/no interest from Autotrader/Pistonheads/Ebay. So even more impressive is that the cars I sold were completely transparent to the forum members who bought them. The odd little niggles I'd had with them and posted up about etc etc all seen before sales.

My cars were modified yes, but it's widely known that modifications do nothing for a resale value. In fact the opposite usually - they become more difficult to sell and significantly narrow the market. The first prospective buyer of my recent ZS walked away from a buy as his insurance company wanted too much for the mods, and he wasn't prepared to drive the car with them undeclared.

I think the car in question will probably make £5-5.5k if he takes some nicer more professional looking photos.

The key to it all is advert wording too. A well written ad will convince anyone your car is worth the money - even if it's not. Talk about the smallest things to show your attention to detail. Talk about how you chose a more premium tyre over budget ones. Talk about always filling up with 'premium' fuel because you want the best for your car. It all helps

·
Ahhh. It's good to be back.....
1,454 Posts
I always fill using premium fuel ...

:twak2:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts