MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any of the gang going to Le Mans? I have managed to book with Sea France for £95.00, return. This includes 3 adults and one barge (Rover 75) Dover to Calais return.

Also booked in to Formula One hotel at Alencon, which is about 20 miles North of Le Mans for £14.00 for the evening of Friday 14th June. Sleeping under the stars for Saturday night!

If you are intending going may I suggest you get your skates on. The ferries are starting to fill up and only the costly routes will be the only option.

If you are going no bad idea to meet up. What about by the winners rostrum to celebrate MG winning.

Jim

·
aka Simon
579 Posts
We'll be there

Mrs G and I will definitely be there. I've only missed a couple since 93, and last year I took Beloved for the first time. We're making a summer tour out of it - ferry to Norway, drive down through Sweden, Denmark and Germany to France in time for the race. The new ZT should be nicely run in by the time we get there... We're up for a meet under the rostrum!

G

·
Le Mans

JIM

As you know I want to go. However, I couldn't get leave for the period. I've asked for time off to cover it - I won't know until this time next month.

Looks exciting - 3 EX257's and the very strong LMP900's. It will be good, as long as it doesn't rain!

JF

·
Registered
46 Posts
Finally got things sorted and am going now :)

Will be in the Bentley area but will be wearing a MG hat.;)

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mark pleased to hear another supporter will be there. I make that 6 of us with the possibility of Jerry and his mate Gareth. Perhaps closer to the time we ought to arrange to meet at a designated meeting point. Perhaps the village near the telephone boxes/shops.

Jim

·
Registered
179 Posts
I'm going for my Stag-Do ! :eek:

A group of fourteen of us in a convoy of Subaru's. I'll be there supporting the MG on. :D

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ah Squizz what a venue for a stag do! Hope you have a great time. Tell you one thing though, it's really hard to focus your eyes at the cars after a few jars!

Will look out for 14 Scoobed up T-shirted guys having fun and frolics and 'all.

Jim:D :D

·
Supporting RML in LMES & Dyson In ALMS
2,085 Posts
I'm going with my mate and our Birds, we'll someones got to cook haven't they!

With this in mind we have booked into one of the grandstands and the Houx campsite.

I expect we'll have to have air beds as well.

Maybe we should all meet at Arnarge at Midnight, went there last year an amaizing place to watch the action.

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes, this is a good meeting place and good viewing to be had. Glowing disc brakes mixed with overtaking and under taking.

As I remember it was rather muddy there last year. Then again what place wasn't!

Jim

·
the voice of reason!!!
12,407 Posts
Talking to one of our neighbours this afternoon, found out that they may be going. Mentioned something about the company which R works for having 'corporate hospitality' available and able to provide hotel accomodation.

Obviously very pleased for them - but am I jealous or what!!!!!

G

·
I have not got a ticket for Jerry all seems sold out so if anyone out there with a spare then drop me a line as I know he has got the time off

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Max - Is that for Grandstand as well as parking? Parking is not an issue. However it might prove prudent to book transport across the channel. Also speak to the "olde boy" is he stopping at the chateau?

Jim

G

·
Thanks Max

Looks as though all Grandstand tickets are sold. Guy who I met at Oulton (Lotus Exige) is staying at the chateu - will contact him when I get home. Crossing now is the only problem.

Will ask Denzil for a good rate on Ferries or if not - its the Tunnel for me. BTW, I've a 4-seat car with just me (my planned compatriot is working), anyone want a ride down there in MG's finest?

I'll walk there iof I have to! EX257 for #1 spot.

Anyone else going:

Cut & Paste your names and add them to the list. Maybe we could meet in the "Village" for a glass of Champers!

Jerry Flint
Jim

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Don't think crossing the water is a problem. Sea France from Dover to Calais return is £95.00 with 2 adults and me!

I've normally managed to get into the circuit with no problems apart from 1999! But got in, in the end.

Jim

G

·
JIM

Willy is working (simulators). Steve is going (with the guy in the Marcos we saw last year).

I haven't manmaged to book a thing. May even turn up late Friday and park in VERT. Camping gear at the teady, thus avoids panicking on Saturday morning.

Max, tried to get Grandstand/Parking through P&M - Just Tickets - ACO - all sold.

Crossing not a concern - just don't want to be without a parking spot on Saturday morning. Will contact the Exige mate though and see if I can park with the Ascari boys though!

Also, bit peeved as now they will only be me as Wills is working. Kev Neal want to join me - you would be at home in a Bivvy Bag? :D

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
For those going to Le Mans this year MG have sponsored a guide giving details of feery's, routes from ferry terminals, distances, prices, ticket details, cars and drivers. Guide can be purchased on line at:

www.trmg.co.uk

Jim

PS - Perhaps a waste of money to regular Le Mans visitors.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts