MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Flying the Flag
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

I've just taken delivery of an 05 Plate ZS 120+
Its got on it what look to be 4 brand spanking new tyres, literally no wear on them whatsoever, they can't have done more than about 50 miles.

They are "Goodride" tyres, and I've never heard of these before. Always had Avon ZZ3's on my ZS's

They seem to grip pretty well even in the wet in fact my only complaint is the tyre noise is a little on the loud side but that might be because I'm not used to a MkII.

One option I'd considered after last winter is to use a set of old Mk1 straights and get some winter tyres put on them for late October - March, then save up in that time to get the newer alloys some Avon's.

Or should I just bin 'em and switch back to Avon's - which seems a bit of a waste.

Depends if anyones had any experience of them I guess!

·
Registered
608 Posts
A couple of reviews of Goodride tyres on tyrereviews.co.uk, and they seem to rate them. Although that is only for the SP06 and SA05, and only 4 reviews between them.
I'd say stick with them for the time being, no point throwing away good rubber if they work alright.
Alternatively, if theyre pretty much brand spanking, you might be able to get a few quid by selling them on ebay or the like and put that towards a set of ZZ3s or the like.

·
Learned member
1,389 Posts
At £41 fitted you probably get your moneys worth . . . if it were me I would get them off ASAP.

·
Flying the Flag
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think I'll get them swapped ASAP. They SEEM ok but I've always had good tyres and don't see why I should skimp now.

·
R.I.P [The Red Zed] MG ZS 180
19,410 Posts
I agree with Raptor get some decent rubber on as soon as you can afford to.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts