MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Keep the price of TD's up, I say!!!!

:wave:
Boo! My 180's got the same miles on the clock and I can just about trade it in for a half-decent push-bike! Infact, the way things stand, I might have to :(

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Considering how long it's been for sale at that price, it is only collectible in the sellers mind:)

·
Registered
559 Posts
LHD rare cars are more pricey than RHD. I bougt my zs mk2 180 1,5 year back for 8000e. It has to have 34 000miles on a clock. Now it has 50 000miles and I bet I can sell it here for same price I bought it, because it´s very rare here.

·
Registered
5 Posts
LHD rare cars are more pricey than RHD. I bougt my zs mk2 180 1,5 year back for 8000e. It has to have 34 000miles on a clock. Now it has 50 000miles and I bet I can sell it here for same price I bought it, because it´s very rare here.
same here, Belgium, I can turn it into 7.000 to 8.000 euro's (£5.600-6.400)

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Strange is it not how MG seem to be worth much more in Europe than they are here in the UK.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Strange is it not how MG seem to be worth much more in Europe than they are here in the UK.
if you can be arsed to import it here then it would be worth a small fortune, 2nd hand cars are at least twice the price of the uk. when we imported our 180 they valued it at over 10k chf (about £7000) even though we only paid 3k for it, valuation was by checking for similar cars on the swiss version of autotrader.

long gone are the days of left hookers costing peanuts in the uk, traders cottoned onto that quite some time ago and started exporting them back into europe.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What I don't get is, how come Mercs and Beemers are so much cheaper in the UK than Switzerland? You would've thought....

if you can be arsed to import it here then it would be worth a small fortune, 2nd hand cars are at least twice the price of the uk. when we imported our 180 they valued it at over 10k chf (about £7000) even though we only paid 3k for it, valuation was by checking for similar cars on the swiss version of autotrader.

long gone are the days of left hookers costing peanuts in the uk, traders cottoned onto that quite some time ago and started exporting them back into europe.

·
''Fire up the Quattro''.
1,935 Posts
Was in Rome last week & spoted a 25,75 & two TF's. Can't see how they can be worth more over here being LHD tho?.

·
Registered
123 Posts
i have a house in france and have been told take a rhd car put it on french plates double your money still have to come back but no car lol

·
Previously Owned a ZS180 MK2
1,855 Posts
My brother had a red LHD 2.0L diesel 55 plate ZS, which he crashed whilst on holiday in France. had to go over one Sunday morning to collect it after a garage did some repairs to get it back driving, bros was injured and couldn't drive it home.

·
Registered
559 Posts
for example I wanted Zt 260, but price for LHD is 25 000euros, same model with RHD was avalible for 15 000euros. There is one company in Czech republic which can do proper rebuild from RHD to LHD for 1000euros(work only). Need different head lights, need new dash and also steering parts from LHD car.

·
Registered
559 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts