MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Ahhh. It's good to be back.....
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sick of paying their prices for cleaning stuff. Any cheaper around? Particulary Autoglym?

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
I guess no would be the short answer. Halfords are Autoglym's main distributor in the UK. Smaller stockists are unlikely to be cheaper.

·
Mk1 ZS180 Saloon XPG
341 Posts
If there's ever an Auto Jumble near you then there is always a couple of traders selling AutoGlym stuff at way below Halfords prices.

·
R.I.P [The Red Zed] MG ZS 180
19,410 Posts

·
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK well if Autoglym isn't any cheaper elsewhere can you recommend anything else as good?

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
e-bay. That new autoglym wax is £39.95 in Halfords. I got it delivered for £24.95 and it's brilliant.

·
R.I.P [The Red Zed] MG ZS 180
19,410 Posts

·
Wrote off but not Dead YET !!!
4,803 Posts
or you could buy some Collinite No. 476S - Super Doublecoat Auto Wax for £16.95 + delivery, which is ten times better than the autoglym stuff ;)

·
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Great - I was hoping you would post Steve!

I didn't want to be cheeky and come asking you but I am interested mate. Do you have a list of good stuff anywhere?

That Carnauba wax you sold me years ago has nearly gone. It is so good! Better on my black ZS though. The flies love it thats the only problem. Turns the car into a Jelly Bean....

·
4,803 Posts
tell me what you want and i will tell you what to buy :)

·
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You see if only it was that simple!

I am basically running low on all of my polish's and cleaning stuff. Wanted to start from scratch.

·
4,803 Posts
You see if only it was that simple!

I am basically running low on all of my polish's and cleaning stuff. Wanted to start from scratch.
i will put something together and give you a shout

·
''Fire up the Quattro''.
1,935 Posts
Got a 500ml bottle of autoglym ultra deep gloss polish for 5.89 inc postage froma chap on ebay. Used it & found there is less dust than the super resin so ordered another bottle.

·
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thats useful info actually. Less dust makes life easier. I was looking at that stuff the other day. Is it a better/ different finish?

·
''Fire up the Quattro''.
1,935 Posts
Thats useful info actually. Less dust makes life easier. I was looking at that stuff the other day. Is it a better/ different finish?
..........i would say it's better than the super resin.Everybody at work has asked since i did it what i've used so must be pretty good i like the result but mine is Diamond black mettalic. Ref the link you have posted i can't say cause the works filters block ebay but if you can check his feed back see if i have left any under vwsteve7.

·
''Fire up the Quattro''.
1,935 Posts
It's designed as a top coat once you've polished the car to start with.
..........what is mate ?. The ultra deep gloss is a proper polsh NOT the sealant you put over the top i.e not the extra gloss protection which is more like a water type liquid.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts