MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HOW!!!!

Sat in front of car for 2 hrs trying to figure this out!!! put it back together in the end!!

Only want to change the aircon fan unit, not a massive job I thought - HAHAHA!!!

Sometimes I wonder why manufacturers bother.....

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lol

Nah I cant figure it out, Haynes points to it being easy, it aint

·
Commission Number 000744
2,651 Posts
I put a new rad in mine ( a 120 though) and one fan came out attached to the rad, the other stayed in the car.
Don't know if the 180 is similar set up?

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you need a hand mate I'm only down the road :)
Ever done it before as I like to think I'm quite good but baffled me LOL

120 is different and looks quite simple, its the aircon thats getting in the way, it'd be fine without that gubbins there

·
Registered
282 Posts
Remove the front bumper, you will then see that the fan assembly is secured by brackets on the sides at the top that are bolted into the front panel and then 2 mountings at the bottom of the cross member, the fan assembly comes off as one complete unit which then gives you asscess to the air conditioning condensor(rad)

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I see the mountings at the bottom, undo the 8mm bolts or the whole assembly? i.e the ones a ***** to get to the ones that bolt down through the rad housing? can't get to the one on nearside?!

Thought maybe cutting a hole in the housing to get to the bolt??

Any pics at all cos it's a right pain, theres also 2 bolts holding the condensor to the housing at the top of the rear which I got to also

·
Registered
200 Posts
Not done it before mate but if you need an extra pair of hands I could prob pop up. Looks like R118GTA has pointed you in the right direction :)

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, 2 days off now so gonna have another crack at it tomorrow or day after, anyone want to have a beer or a diet coke LOL

Please come along!!!

·
Registered
200 Posts
Well, 2 days off now so gonna have another crack at it tomorrow or day after, anyone want to have a beer or a diet coke LOL

Please come along!!!
Let me know when bud and I may be able to pop up. On nights at the mo so wouldn't be til the afternoon either way.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If weather decent maybe tomorrow... But do also need MOT so dunno lol
Pmd tel. no

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Nah. Looked at the fan and it just had some crud stuck behind it, wd40 it and seems ok

The aircon black nipple at the rear of engine bay is covered in liquid so think it's leaking gas and stuff

Getting it looked at next week

Did oil change today and OMG it was horrible "yuck"

Put it on ramps to do quicker and clutch smelt lovely lol, just what I need at 130k but knew it'd come eventually!!!

·
Registered
200 Posts
Glad to hear the rad seems to be ok :) I have mine in for an oil change tomorrow. I can do it myself but national tyres and exhausts have got a deal on and it's only costing me £39 all in with filter etc. Would struggle to get 6 litres of magnatec for that, plus I don't get dirty for once ;)

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
well, 2 days in Cambs for Apple training (not the fruit)
Got back yesterday and normal top up checks etc, the whole engine bay covered in lovely gooey sticky green residue!

The aircon leaking a lil I think LOL

MOT failure parts to fix then a trip to Ford so it's how it was before they touched it

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
I think that is where he got the regas, are you sure it is from the aircon?

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
right, it got looked at today

Defo leaking from the two valves, next to battery and bulkhead, also said near the condensor too

Now, can these parts be serviced or am I screwed???

Also the seals required???

1 - 19 of 19 Posts