MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
i saw the dvla advert and i'm tempted to get one. maybe something like IS0 B1G!!

I've heard that there are quite a few on ebay. Could probably pick a decent one up for £150 rather than £250-£500 with dvla.

·
Zed Heaven
7,508 Posts
Didn't think 'Z' was an allowable letter on a number plate.

I've tried searches for ZR and the like but the site comes back telling me I, Q and Z are not allowed.

I suppose 'I' is easily confused with '1' but then again both '0' (number) and 'O' (letter) are allowed I think so that's not a good argument!

Q is the reserved letter for a car that's been rebuilt or a kit car.

Z I've no idea. Maybe similar to '2'.

As a die hard Red Devil, I quite fancy MU 51 LIV although I can't remember just off hand the last time we beat the Scouse scum 5-1! And for any Scousers reading this, I'm not overly thrilled to say it's becoming a distant memory when we last beat you at all! Perhaps MU 01 LIV or MU 02 LIV more appropriate!

·
Registered
362 Posts
RED DEVIL

ffcphone: Look on E-bay NOW!!

There is a number plate on there that you will love T77 UFC. The letters can be manipulated to make it look like MUFC.

I know its going back to the old style, but its worth it!!!

Doing my stereo at the moment which is why i cant afford it, but i would love it to go to someone who loves UNITED.

Word of warning tho. Man Utd Plc have placed a bid, so if you do start playing the bidding game there might be a bit of competition!.

·
Zed Heaven
7,508 Posts
Like you, I've got plans for other bits of the car at the moment. If I had 'spare' money lying around I'd splash out but can do quite a lot with the current bid price of that plate and get considerable more enjoyment ouf of it.

Also, mate of mine got pulled for "incorrect representation of the number plate" and the Plod lectured him etc etc. Only way to fully benefit from that plate is to do same and in time there'll be enough things for Plod to stop me for (neons, blue LEDs, already got blue lights in) without having excuse of number plate.

If only I had £500 spare. Anyone fancy chipping in for me!

·
Registered
515 Posts
ZED Reg's

Try 'newreg.co.uk' or '.com'

You can have a current reg number ie GK51 (for the year of your car ---your legally cant make your car appear newer than it is) followed by 3 letters ..

Ive tried various versions of ZRZ ZED XZR etc and they all come out about £900.

Happy hunting:D

·
the voice of reason!!!
12,407 Posts
I always thought that my reg. number was personal.
Well no-one else has got it have they?

G

·
Cash waiting at £1002. :D Crisp new ones!

Can't go to the price we previously discussed, I thought he would have shifted it by now.

·
Registered
9 Posts
How about these three seen on 3 ZTs parked in North Worcestershire recently:7155 MG, 3715 MG and 9954 MG.
No prizes for guessing who these belong to?

·
Registered
149 Posts
I looked on the DVLA site and got my initials-derived one for £250.
I'm still waiting for the paperwork to come through, They're not exactly the fastest bunch on the planet...

(Incidentally, for a lesbian friend, I found two suitable ones on the DVLA site: LE51 OUT and also LE51 GAY. Both were £399 apiece though, a liitle too rich for her pocket...)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Well my plate - BL ** JWZ - was already on car when i bought it,the "BL" is my sons initials and my bro in law said "JWZ=Jue's" as in my wifes name(ish)..although she disagrees....prob cos she aint keen on bro in law...bloomin women! :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts