MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Mattie but I'm after something even more economical. I've just bought a Hayabusa so I'm not interested in a fast car anymore, it's all about economy now (I sound old!!).

A ZS 120 in Le Mans Green?

I was after this car originally but just missed out.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A little bump before I eBay her.

Previous owner spent a forune on this car:

Piper cams
Full stainless exhaust
Janspeed manifold and sports cat
Superchip live remap
Induction kit
Xpower springs
Belts have been done
Wads of receipts
Every old MOT
A few dyno print outs, the highest is over 220bhp
Very fast sorted car

Will go on eBay on Monday.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Focus diesel - 57 plate 26K miles , but you'd need to add quite a bit of money .... ? Not far from you either.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I think you will be lucky to get near that price if you want a quick sell, tbh you can pick up mk2's for that price (maybe not mint low miles one) i know yours has had exstensive work so i think your best holding out for an ethusiast to buy it. Anyways good luck with the sell m8y :)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks mate, I'll give it a week at the new price and see how it goes.

Rob.

I think you will be lucky to get near that price if you want a quick sell, tbh you can pick up mk2's for that price (maybe not mint low miles one) i know yours has had exstensive work so i think your best holding out for an ethusiast to buy it. Anyways good luck with the sell m8y :)

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
222 bhp?!!!!!!! that must fly like **** off a shovel!!!!
Sorry but it wont have anywhere near 222bhp.
Mine which was running spot on and with light fly make a solid 211bhp with 270 cams. RR vary massively and some read high to impress the owners.

But that sounds like a cracking mk1!! and obviously makes good power. With a light flywheel+diff it would be a real quick 180

Dont fancy a real tidy ZR160 in trophy yellow? 48k

·
Banned
2,861 Posts
Sorry but it wont have anywhere near 222bhp.
Mine which was running spot on and with light fly make a solid 211bhp with 270 cams. RR vary massively and some read high to impress the owners.

But that sounds like a cracking mk1!! and obviously makes good power. With a light flywheel+diff it would be a real quick 180

Dont fancy a real tidy ZR160 in trophy yellow? 48k
Mark B`s made 222bhp as well.

I have seen zs`s make a true 200bhp without cams Dave, so anything is believeable.

I will say 204-210bhp is normally the norm depending on vis valve operation.

G

1 - 20 of 47 Posts