MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Life is just a like a bowl of Cherries!
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
blooming eck, this a really quiet area of the forum, either us Scots dont want anything to do with owning an MG or we are all just tight in doing anything
I for one am happy to go to any meets in and around Scotland, but must be a worth while excuse for a travel up north or down south, not just a car park in Dundee............ :roll:

·
Registered
458 Posts
Kev, I don't think that you are that far off the truth. Down south there never seems to a problem in getting people to attend meetings or Runs. However, I think you need to decide what you want out of the day. Are you going to go for a day out and cover a few hundred miles or do you just want to sit in a pub and chat? We started Central Scotland MGF nearly three years ago now and to be honest most of the guys want to drive their cars and so we have a Run on a Sunday at least once a month, but we also meet on the first Thursday of the month in Stirling for a chat. That way we get the best of both worlds. Over the time that we've been running, the members have become good friends and it's developed into more than just a car club. Could I suggest that you arrange to meet somewhere central for a drink one night and take it from there. Reading the comments after your last attempt to have a meeting (I think you were the only one that turned up) it would appear that some people just can't be bothered to get out of their beds on a Sunday morning. I was also amused that Silver Arrow thought that he could attend both the CSMGF Outing and the one in Coatbridge on the same day - we left Stirling about 10:30am and din't get back until teatime.

·
Which one shall I drive today?
6,507 Posts
Stafainn said:
we have a Run on a Sunday at least once a month, but we also meet on the first Thursday of the month in Stirling for a chat
Why not help these guys out and invite them to these meets?

Nothing personal, but segregation of models within the MG community is something I don't understand. We all moan about the attitude of the MG(B)OC, but then go and do exactly the same :( We are all enthusiasts, so why can't we all play together.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Tony,

Predominantly we are MGF / TF enthusiasts, but we never turn anybody away. If you look at our website we have had RV8s, MGBs and GTs, Lotus Elises, Caterham 7s and even Corsas. I should also point out that as well as an MGF I also have a ZR and several of our members have two or more different models of MGs

·
Which one shall I drive today?
6,507 Posts
Glad to hear it :)

·
The MiG
92 Posts
I was planning on only coming part of the run. Hence I would have been able to attend both had not been called away.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts