MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Usually when I start driving, from 3k the car takes off nicely.
However, after a few minutes or if I stop and then restart, it no longer does that and feels slower between 3k and 5k revs.

Its quite annoying as sometimes it feels like it could win an F1 race and at other times feels like it would lose to a Honda Jazz....diesel!*

I have taken the VIS apart several times and checked it works with a 9v battery, sanded the butterfly valve down so it doesn't catch the frame. Is there anything else I can check?

I did wonder if there was some electrical issue that was causing the motor not to get power.

When the motor kicks in, does it open or close the valve?
If it opens the valve, can I remove the butterfly and go for a test run to see if it is ok then?

Ideas. Please.

*I have never raced a Honda Jazz but feel if I did I would beat it quite easily. I am not a boy racer either. Much.

·
won hay-tee
607 Posts
Are you talking about driving away from a cold start up ?

·
back in my 3rd 180
222 Posts
how do you test them with a battery mate,as its something i would consider doing,as im not convinced my vis motors are always working,whan they should

·
Chris
125 Posts
when i repaired mine i fitted the vis indicators as per a thread on here, can see when there operating from the comfort of the drivers seat.

It worth doing about parts £5.00 from maplins and a easy mornings work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts