MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sadly yet anotheer one.(Mine). Its not broken though.... Just had a blow out on the back drivers side. Got car upto 70ish mph on m54 this morn. Started lettin car slow down and major wobble on the back. Luckily it didn't blow out blow out.. Wouldn't want the car in a scrap yard. But anyway had no spare wheel in boot and the AA said " because car was meant to have a spare they were going to have to get a recovery truck at MY expense due to lack of spare wheel. Don't get court out people. Make sure u have a spare wheel this xmas...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
But anyway had no spare wheel in boot and the AA said " because car was meant to have a spare they were going to have to get a recovery truck at MY expense due to lack of spare wheel. Don't get court out people. Make sure u have a spare wheel this xmas...
They wanted to charge me too when I had a blowout but I convinced them that it wasn't possible for me to carry a spare wheel because of the donunt LPG tank occupying the space where the spare would have been. Thankfully, they didn't argue and agreed to waive the towing charge.

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
Seconded - the space saver was an option - many MGs just come with a can!

If you can find a copy of the options list for when the car was new that should proof the point to them.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Funny that. When I brought the car second hand it still only come with a (petrol) can, jack n tyre gunk to go inside.

·
MKII MGZS180
2,314 Posts
Depending when the car came out of the factory I guess. As I bought new my 2002 ZS120 and that came with a space saver which I never asked for and my facelift ZS180 actually came with a full size steel. I swapped the two around when I sold my 120 so now my 180 has a space saver in the boot.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts