MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Rutherford is only stating what is fast becoming clear to anyone with even only a slight interest in the world of cars.
To look at the current work from Germany only confirms this. The "designs" from Bangle are an indication of utter complacency and arrogance. Neither evolutionary nor progressive, they are just theoretical, and should never have made it beyond the clay..the "We know best-don't argue" mentality of *** is now overflowing at Munich, and to my eyes now indicates a serious lack of control at the very top-do I detect the iron grip of the Quandt family starting to slip? And as for that i-drive, words fail me.
Of course MGR are more dynamic in design. they look around them. Drive past Longbridge any night, and see the lights still burning after midnight. They talk to customers they listen, there are no huge swathes of management which can hinder decisions, and therefore can react with lightning speed to the markets. And have the best designers money can buy, not an over hyped American who has had, err, not a great deal of success in the past (Oh PLEASE let him have a go at the MINI and see it off for good!) and know that they have to work to survive..not sit back and watch the cars sell for no other reason than that they are hip. Oh boy things can change so rapidly.
10 years ago, the likes of Renault were bankrupt. Rover, under John Towers had just made the thick end of 20 million profit, PSA were still selling the 504 estate. Think of the water that has gone under the bridge since then! And reflect how things could so easily change again. and who will benefit? why, those who listen and react to what is wanted!!
Arise Sir John.........

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Well this from rutherford has left me quite speechless.
Rutherford for some time has been in my little black book ,that come the glorious day would pay his just deserves for his anti MG Rover stand.
I remember reading an article of his which said "if you think rover will last another year-do you know something i dont"
and recently on the motor show- talk radio ,he said he had talked to honda bigwigs in tokyo who said "they wouldn't touch mg rover with a 10 foot barge poll"
so his conversion is amazing .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.