MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

After some Google-fu, I was led here in regards to the Sheddist kit... I was just after confirmation of my symptoms really as the local garage told me to continue driving until it fails, which I'm not too happy about really...

First off... Every maybe 20-30-40 depresses of the clutch, it will stay depressed on its own accord, locking the car into gear, or out of gear until I manually lift up the clutch with my toe... Then the clutch works as normal again for 20-30-40 depresses...

It seems to lose pressure 1-2 depresses before it stays down... It's almost like the DOT4 is getting to the opposite side of the piston seal in the master/slave.. and then lifting the peddle manually forces it back and it's ok again for a short while..

The mechanic that looked said there are no leaks or obvious signs of any issue, and he isn't 100% to go ahead and say "Yes, its the master/slave"... He wants me to drive it to failure, but I don't want to end up stuck in the middle of nowhere, or at a busy junction again considering I'm on L-Plates... (I'm a motorcyclist... Triumph TT600)

If it is the slave/master.... Obviously a Sheddist kit would be in order... However, he has a life, and I understand sometimes it can be weeks or more, that's if he still does them? to get one through, so is this the same or any good?

http://www.darkicedesigns.com/en/tr...yle-clutch-hydraulics-kit-mg-rover-45-zs.html

Many thanks guys, and any advice or input is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
7 Posts
This kit uses the same master/slave as Sheddist but a much simpler hose system and it looks a better reservoir.
See the post "Save my Zed". I made the same thing myself, the hardest part was making the slave bracket.
Go for it!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts