MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...9#ht_803wt_997 AVOID
Fed up of breakers assuring me that "yes this part is defintely for your car" only to have YET ANOTHER part for a 120.

Sorry to spam several sections at once. But be warned.

Roverbreakers, HeWHoShallNotBeNamed and now C willmots. Cheers guys.

Also what's the deal with "I'm a retard who sent you the wrong bit, now YOU must pay the postage for my error". FFS. End rant, I need a rusk.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
ive had problems with chris wilnott as well or cw breakers, i stuck a thread up on the zs site, few other people have had problems too

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hindsight is a wonderful thing. Now I don't trust them enough to post the parts back as I am expecting "These are not 160 calipers and there are no carriers, YOU have ripped US off. No refund". Also I lose out on postage charges for someone else's eff up? That is just balls.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
they sent me a damaged bootlid, that had obviosly been damaged by them on removal, it had an outwards dent where the hinge goes in, also had been painted half the lower half which didnt match at all, charged £55 for postage, no mention of damage, when i contacted them they denied it was them and it was perfect when it left and it was off his "ZSX" (which was funny seeing as the zsx never existed and the only one i would consider to be one was the one with the bonnet bulge), so after many emails, taking of photos, phone calls across 3 days, they said i could send it back for a refund, my postage wouldnt be covered, and i wouldnt be refunded the £55 postage money id been charged either, so effectivly id be £110 down with no product? so told them that wasnt really an option, so they offered me a £20 refund...whch obviosly wouldn't cover getting the thing repaired and painted, ended up with a £30 refund and left feeling pretty unhappy, wouldnt deal with them again

·
Registered
35 Posts
OP, post pictures here of what you received, showing they are the wrong parts. Could show them the thread if needed. Might not make the slightest difference but if they value their MGR market at all, they wont want unresolved complaints knocking around here.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
I'm sure I posted already about my experience with Roverbreakers

the bonnet had the edges bent over and various other dents, the body kit looked like it had been removed by a 2yr old with a hammer - every clip broken and the paintwork in general was terrible, the spoiler had huge chunks out of it, and paint flaking off all over the place. This was a 220 coupe bodykit

lesson learnt, never use em again

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We shouldn't all repeat each other's unfortunate dealings. Can a mod turn this into a list of suppliers to be wary of? Also a sister thread of successful suppliers maybe?

I'll take a lot more photos, I'm going to lose out on pasting these back, then we'll see how the sheeninigans go from there.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
UPDATE: They sent me the right calipers and I am massive idiot. Details in the seizing brakes thread.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts