MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another swiss MFK passed :)

Its been 2 years since the car's last swiss MOT which is about 10x stricter then a uk MOT, anyway the 180 flew through it this morning :) no warnings or advisories the only thing they mentioned (and fixed for us) was the headlights where not exactly level. so 11 years old, 90k miles, a RHD in a LHD country (the first time the tester had tested a rhd car lol) in one of the most anal countries in the world and there where no issues!! well happy.

·
YELLOW PERIL
2,407 Posts
Good news, they do tend to get a high % of pass.

Do they use rock salt when the roads are icy, would have thought you would have rust problems, if so!!!

:wave:

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Salt dont work at -24c ;) we have to have winter tyres

·
YELLOW PERIL
2,407 Posts
Can never work out how they keep the road free of snow and icy, over there.

Get great banks of snow either side of the road, and the road just looks like black tarmac.

And even I wouldnt mind driving on the road, over here I leave the car in the driveway till the 1/2" of snow melts.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lots and lots of snow ploughs, as soon as it starts falling they all come out. When its so cold the snow doesnt freeze anyway, just stays as powder so it quite easy. Winter tyres make a hell of a difference too. Helps that we live in a ski resort so they have to keep the roads clear to keep the cash rolling in

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
Don't laugh but it may be pigs urine. Apparently this is used on our airport runways.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
you'd need a lot of pigs **** ;) we had over 3 meters of snow at our place this year

And I'm no pee expert, but I'm pretty sure that would freeze too, our dogs pee freezes, remember, don't eat yellow snow

1 - 8 of 8 Posts