MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finally got it, a week late. if I see the salesman again I'm gonna do him some damage. I am very happy with the car, but 'cos I got messed about it's taken the edge off slightly.

I've attached a pic, as you can see there is a reason for the 5 door........

Matthew

Attachments

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Individual preferences I guess. There is a fairly even split of ZR/S owners here, with the ZT coming up fast. As for the Cupra, all it needs is individualism and character and there are plenty of other boards to discuss transvestite VeeDuds and that sort of thing!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
2 answers

I've just opted out of the company car scheme for the 1st time in 8 years, 6 points and an accident, so..........

1. I was originally going for a civic type R at 17,500 quid plus 1600 insurance. But........

I wasn't that keen on the looks. The ZR looks much better, and yes I could have gone for the Seat or even the Renault Clio 170, but my mother in law gets employee discount cos my father in law worked for them before he passed away, so I got the ZR for 13270 including metallic, kenwood upgrade and passenger airbag, AND I GOT A YEARS FREE INSURANCE AS WELL. I saw a civic type r this morning and yes it does 0-60 half a second quicker and yeas it does 13mph more top end, but I saved 6 grand. AND I think that the ZR looks sexier.

All my mates love it and so far I've had it a day and 3 people have wanted to race me, but I'm too old for all that............

2. If you look in the photo there is a peugeot 406. well, that geezers wife has a lotus esprit, S4S I think. And my mate up the road has a dax cobra with a 5.3 daimler engine in it.

But........the lotus costs 4 grand a year to maintain, service and insure. She just lost it on a bend and dinked the frond. 12 grand to fix it. The cobra breaks down, and it leaks, yeah its ok to show off but I think reliability and sensibility. In a 160 I hear ou say????

Matthew

·
Registered
286 Posts
Civic is a fcuking fast car almost 200bhp, but looks like a mini mpv! Strange gear shift position aswell!

Why silver, and not dark gray with an xpower sticker on it somewhere!!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i took silver cos its easier to keep clean and probably easier resale.

I had a black vectra gsi and I couldnt keep it clean. The dark grey Zr is nearly black. I saw one at the dealer sitting there valeted ready to go and it was filthy, and it hadnt even left the dealer

I will get some graphics on it, dont know what yet.

·
Registered
286 Posts
There is a blue ZR going around my town thats been sticker'd up to look like the Rally car, but he had used the wrong colours and the word 'XPOWER' was in a dodgy font , not as designed;) , hence it looked sh1te. Make sure you use the proper logos and it will look smart.

G

·
Matthew

Must have missed your pic - 1st "Silver" ZR I've seen - suits the car. I too wanted Anthracite, but couldn't get it unfortunately, but maybe it would have been the wrong choice!! Always dirty.

If you want on the next site update, I will place it on the "Owners Motors?" Hey a girl - laugh -
they don't half become expensive. :D :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts