MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Received My Amazon Purchase today.
Opened the parcel and Decided I didn't like it.
Immediately notified them via the website and printed out a return slip for their delivery company to collect the item tomorrow morning.

and guess what....

3 hours later I receive an email from their returns department saying:
"Hello, We wanted to let you know that we haven't received these items
yet."

Well, no sh*t !! I guess Superman took and early vacation!

Sometimes you need to slap someone real bad and they're just out of range! Worst feeling in the world. :spank: :buzz:

Merry Christmas!!! :)

·
Administrator
10,642 Posts
Thats the trouble when everything is computer-driven!

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
Ordered a few things via Amazon last November for Christmas (2010). Items didnt arrive appology and refund. Oh well....

Then September 2011 a parcel arrived with our order ! :biggrin:

Jez

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ordered a few things via Amazon last November for Christmas (2010). Items didnt arrive appology and refund. Oh well....

Then September 2011 a parcel arrived with our order ! :biggrin:

Jez
That's crazy, so you got to keep the refund and the parcel?

But to be fair, I reckon they're the best online retailer out there. Any time I want to return a purchase they send someone around the next day or soon after and take it back no questions asked. Never had a problem getting a refund from them. But they really PLAY around with their prices. I've had some real bargains from them as a result. There was a wris****ch I wanted going for £90. Stuck it on my wishlist and waited a few weeks. Suddenly they dropped the price down to £24!! Snapped it up straight away. A week later the same watch was selling 90 quid again. Same with a pair of Sketchers trainers I wanted but I was suspicious about the huge price reduction. Bought them anyway. Few days later it went back up to its original price and hasn't come down since. Believe it or not, I've been bought goods from Amazon and sold them on for a profit on ebay!

Only thing I wouldn' buy from them is TVs. You might think you're getting it cheap but I'd rather pay a little more and get the same from John Lewis. (Also a lot of Amazon's electronic stuff are customer returns) On the other hand all John Lewis Tellys comes with 5 year warranties. Try asking for an extended 5 year warranty from Dixons, etc. They'd charge you you at least 150 quid extra.

p.s.
if you trade in stocks and shares. Free tip from the horse's mouth. Amazon inc. is my tip for 2012 and beyond.

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
I have used them since Keosk and I have found the good. Last Christmas order was great. Got the refund then 9 months later it arrives, the parcel did look batterd and bruised. I guess it got lost in the Christmas overload, sat in a corner then someone spotted it a threw it back :biggrin:

Your not wrong about the random prices, my sister picked up a camera for £124 that was selling for just under £300 everywere else, it was that price for a few hours then put back up, not sure if it was a error or ???

Jez

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Your not wrong about the random prices, my sister picked up a camera for £124 that was selling for just under £300 everywere else, it was that price for a few hours then put back up, not sure if it was a error or ???

Jez
No, it's no error, I've watched the price of an item change wildly several times in one week. I have a feeling there's some pretty sophisticated sales software running things in the background, automatically or semi-automatically adjusting the prices. Probably uses variables like how many people have viewed an item, have it on their wish list, what kind of feedback it's getting, or how fast it's selling. And Retailers sometimes knowingly sell a product at a loss to shift stock while they hike prices elsewhere. If you've got your eye on something and you want a bargain the trick is to keep watching it and give yourself time. It helps that they send you an email when there's a sale on. And never buy anything you don't need just because it looks like a bargain.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts