in a word...yes.
Why bother?

·
Registered
2,442 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
i say go for it, far too much negative comments from people who havent tried it. met this guy from mg live who runs a super charger reliably, does tuning and stuff etc, he would know more.

andy howl
01789 765148
[email protected]

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
I think the list of broken KV6 tell there own story.

Why do you suppose lots of potential customers were put off in the first place

·
No longer a Rover / MG owner.
1,152 Posts
i say go for it, far too much negative comments from people who havent tried it. met this guy from mg live who runs a super charger reliably, does tuning and stuff etc, he would know more.

andy howl
01789 765148
[email protected]
I say don't bother - I too have spent time talking to George when he was an agent for Sprintex a few years ago when I was considering having my old ZS180 'charged.
He was not impressed with the level of support and development that had gone into fitting the Sprintex'charger to the ZS180. They even expected the standard ECU to cope!

I would be interested to know what Andy Howl has done to his to make it reliable, as the RSM conversions all needed extra oil feeds / injectors / piggyback ECU's fitted.

·
No longer a Rover / MG owner.
1,152 Posts
I think the list of broken KV6 tell there own story.

Why do you suppose lots of potential customers were put off in the first place
How much money do you have to throw at 'charging a ZS180 properly, when you would most likely end up with only 260bhp?
How much money does the average ZS180 cost to buy these days - considering they are all obsolete and the youngest Mk2's will be 5 years old now..........

·
won hay-tee
607 Posts
I had my credit card out in front of me when the sale post went up.

To be honest, i would hazard a guess that a few failures happened because the owner spazzed out and was using low grade petrol, if you visit a forum that is turbo based you usually find a different mindset from the owners, most, if modding a turbo car will have some kind of o2 gauge, maybe a knock link, and will religiously use a high grade petrol to help prevent knock/det.

I read pretty much all of the internet that morning and put the card away, i could not find any decent results from the ozzy owners.

I think if you kept the charged engine to around 225/230bhp ish and looked after it with proper fuel/maybe a knock link, it would probably be fine, but if the little box of tricks packs up, and you don't have a wideband hooked up to alert you that its running lean, then it is blatantly going to det its knackers off, if you are pushing to 250/260 then you need proper monitoring options, period.

Most owners probably thought it as a fit and forget product, which it is not!

1k for 50/60 bhp increase on a NASP is ****ing CHEAP!

·
Front wheels steer, rear wheels drive.
12,325 Posts
what would be the point supercharging an mg6 with an out of date design of charger you can no longer buy anyway.
It will never happen,lol.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
what would be the point supercharging an mg6 with an out of date design of charger you can no longer buy anyway.
Dont know the roots is out of date, its still the technology of choice for Mercedes, if it works the Chinese will start making it, thats what they do, they dont know what copyright infringement is and are activly encoraged to copy other peoples work, they have teams of people whos job it is is to find out other peoples RnD and put it into manufacture before they do!

·
Banned
2,861 Posts
Well Im not going to drive an 1800 turbo for long, it will bore me !

Since we now have access to things we didnt before, life is easier when we want to do something different.

The KV6 will easily fit into the MG6.

Whos to say the chinese arent interested in making it anyway????? !!!

G

·
It's a big fan
3,218 Posts
Well Im not going to drive an 1800 turbo for long, it will bore me !

Since we now have access to things we didnt before, life is easier when we want to do something different.

The KV6 will easily fit into the MG6.

Whos to say the chinese arent interested in making it anyway????? !!!

G
MG-Roewe do have a new VVC V6, VVC and superchargers don't normally go together and the 3.6L should have enough torque for the MG6 so I would guess they wont be too interested...

·
Front wheels steer, rear wheels drive.
12,325 Posts
true, and screw chargers may be used by merceds etc but they aren't the sprintex design, lol.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts