Vintage Bentley
Aston Martin V8 Vantage
TVR Cerbera
Rover 75
Bentley Turbo R

·
the voice of reason!!!
12,407 Posts
For the pleasure it gave me it has to be the Lotus Europa.

For reliability anything else.

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
For me it's got to be the Triumph Dolomite Sprint. I was only 20 when I bought this 18 month old car. Insurance was difficult for me at the time. I had got rid of my Mini with a total BHP of 45 to a staggering 127 BHP. I was really proud of that car.

Close second comes the R75 V6 which I currantly own.

Third are the Peugeot 205 GTi's I owned from new(two).

Jim

·
Registered
441 Posts
LoL :D

if I write my list, some peeps would go mad,
coz there would be one car on it with the 3 letter word that end on 750 iL ......in dark blue please with 20"wheels.

But then again an Aston Martin Lagonda, Lotus Esprit, Reliant Robin (plastic pig), Rover P5, R45/MG-ZS would also be on that list.

The P5 and/or 45 in "JRJ/965 - Tahiti Blue" please yes.

Cheers,
Dennis:D

·
Registered
388 Posts
It's always difficult to come up with a definitive list but I reckon that the Blower Bentley, Lancia Stratos and TVR Griffith 500 would be in it. I'm not a big Ferrari fan but, of course, the 250 GTO would have to be there.

If I had to choose my favourite current car, that would be more difficult; it would probably be the Noble M12, Ultima Spyder or TVR Tuscan S - as much for their political incorrectness as anything else.:D Actually, add the Dodge Viper to that list!

I find the sound of a car's engine the most evocative part of motoring - yes, I know I'm sad :rolleyes: - and on this front there are two cars that stand out:
  1. The 1500cc, straight 8, supercharged Alfa Romeo, which the mechanics were warming up about 4 ft from me at last year's Festival of Speed.
  2. The Ferrari 360. I used to live in the same village as Franki Dettori and, one time, I drove up behind him while he was waiting to cross another road in his. When it was clear to go, I just opened my window and listened as he accelerated up the hill. It was the most spine-tingling sound I have ever heard - it still makes the hairs on my neck stand up when I think of it now.
    [/list=1] God, I really am sad, aren't I?:D Anyway, I'm sure I will have more cars to add to the list after GoodWood this year.:D :D

S.

·
Former ZT-T 260 owner
2,256 Posts
Viper is nice...

How about the HSV Holden Commodore? Over 400bhp with a sorted chassis..

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
But you've never driven a Viper or a Holden Commodore so how would you know if they're nice? They might look and sound nice, but they might not be so nice to drive....;)

·
Registered
388 Posts
nn-y said:
But you've never driven a Viper or a Holden Commodore so how would you know if they're nice? They might look and sound nice, but they might not be so nice to drive....;)
Although not aimed at me, your comment is a valid one. My list was of dream cars, not of favourite cars. Mind you, even if a 360 Modena didn't drive that well (as if :D ), the engine note alone would still make it one of my favourites.:cool:

My most bizarre favourite car would probably be the 2CV. You can drive it flat out without often having to worry about speed cameras or other drivers (because they'll be doing the same speed and will thinks it's normal ;) ). It also handles surprisingly well - Alan Clarke heard it said that there isn't a corner in Europe that you can't take flat in a 2CV!

S.

·
Former ZT-T 260 owner
2,256 Posts
LOL, my dad always re-tells the story about when he once had to push-start a 2CV. After he'd pushed it, he'd left a dent in the metal. Doesn't that make you worry a bit about occupant safety?

:)

Seriously though, do I need to drive a rusty vauxhall Nova to know that it will be crap to drive?

The same applies to nice cars? Do I need to drive one to know it's a gorgeous car? I don't think so! With a car like that,(and the Ferrari), it's not so much about how it drives as how much you can pose about in it..

:D :D

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
I certainly can't deny it - except the fact that I'm a girl :D

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Well I have to say I'm not quite that bad, but I certainly have an appreciation for fast cars and like to drive them :D

·
Registered
66 Posts
Just because I'm female doesn't mean that I don't like to drive quickly, or that I am incapable of doing so.

My fave car?

It has to be my Trophey yellow ZR 105.

:) :) :) :) :) :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts