How times have changed LOL

·
R.I.P [The Red Zed] MG ZS 180
19,410 Posts

·
Now in a 3
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Awww thanks, but think not, when I've got this out my front door.

The traffic here though is horrendous, average mph on the Mazda for the last week was 13mph, averaging 22mpg. Only use it to go into town, or into Brighton marina for a meal, Tesco's shopping and the 2miles to work and back. To go anywhere else its makes more sense to travel by train. When we come back up north we are looking at hiring a large diesel automatic to cruise up in luxury.

I will hate an I10 but its makes a lot of financial sense. 60+mpg, 5 year warranty & 2 years free servicing, 4 doors, aircon and a 4 speaker stereo. Only 1.5 seconds slower 0-60 than the mazda and it gets excellent reviews from top gear and fifth gear.
(can't you just tell im trying to convince myself here)

Attachments

·
Registered nUber
2,259 Posts
Alan get to the local hospital quick, you very ill right now!!!!. It will be sole destroying driving that, my works Golf with 90 or so bhp is seriously killing me. Ive even taken the track ZS to work on occasions to make my journey there and back half enjoyable.

Hopefully going to get some new paint and rubber on the black straights soon in preparation for next year. Still not had chance to crack the VIS motors either.

Anyway hope your well other than your pending illness hows things down there, the view looks cracking bud?

·
Now in a 3
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Very witty Wit. It would just be a short term glitch, working my way through paying off all debts and then Donna's promised me I can get something proper.

·
Registered nUber
2,259 Posts
Very witty Wit. It would just be a short term glitch, working my way through paying off all debts and then Donna's promised me I can get something proper.
So you 100% on the I10? Economically it make a lot of sense, just make sure you get something in writing from you lady I know how easily these thing are forgotten lol.

·
Now in a 3
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So you 100% on the I10? Economically it make a lot of sense, just make sure you get something in writing from you lady I know how easily these thing are forgotten lol.
Not 100%, we have until the end of october before the offer finishes (£6995 against a list price of £8495), so we have a few weeks to mull it over.

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
You must have some serious debts to be considering an I10, I saw one yesterday and it looked so bland, I wondered if you'd lost all interest in cars or maybe even cars.

With a £2k budget you could pick up a resonable run around saving you a considerable amount of money.

My sister has an I30 which they are very happy with, they got it through scrappage a couple of years ago when they chopped in the citron AX they got new 12 years ago.

But the I30 is a resonable looking car, the I10 isn't.

·
Now in a 3
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You must have some serious debts to be considering an I10, I saw one yesterday and it looked so bland, I wondered if you'd lost all interest in cars or maybe even cars.

With a £2k budget you could pick up a resonable run around saving you a considerable amount of money.

My sister has an I30 which they are very happy with, they got it through scrappage a couple of years ago when they chopped in the citron AX they got new 12 years ago.

But the I30 is a resonable looking car, the I10 isn't.[/QUOTE

Completely missing the point. Debt situation isn't that bad, but I want to be completely debt free. Now I'm down here earning considerably more money that end is now in site.

Why would I buy a £2k car, I'd just keep the Mazda?

I want no costs at all in running a car, that's going to be stuck in traffic or a dirty car park, apart from insurance and to buy as little fuel as possible.

A 2.2 diesel Avensis would be my 1st choice but stuck in traffic makes it pointless and would probably kill it.

I do agree though that the I10 is not particularly good looking, is not something I would look forward to driving and I would hate it but as a means to an end and a cheap way of getting around with very little cost I can't see a much better way.

·
Now in a 3
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

But the I30 is a resonable looking car, the I10 isn't.
Completely missing the point. Debt situation isn't that bad, but I want to be completely debt free. Now I'm down here earning considerably more money that end is now in site.

Why would I buy a £2k car, I'd just keep the Mazda?

I want no costs at all in running a car, that's going to be stuck in traffic or a dirty car park, apart from insurance and to buy as little fuel as possible.

A 2.2 diesel Avensis would be my 1st choice but stuck in traffic makes it pointless and would probably kill it.

I do agree though that the I10 is not particularly good looking, is not something I would look forward to driving and I would hate it but as a means to an end and a cheap way of getting around with very little cost I can't see a much better way.

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
I wouldn't spend £7k on something I'd hate even if the sums appear to make sense, what about the depriciation etc?

·
Registered
448 Posts
I would also look into the cost of a servicing after the 2 year honeymoon period!! Chap here bought one for his missus and has just been hit with his foirst servcing costs....nearly £400! Not quite the bargain he first thought

·
Now in a 3
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I would also look into the cost of a servicing after the 2 year honeymoon period!! Chap here bought one for his missus and has just been hit with his foirst servcing costs....nearly £400! Not quite the bargain he first thought
Yes, I've heard that the servicing is not cheap. Don't have to use hyundai for servicing though.

Anyway, picked it up yesterday.:driving: And tbh very happy with it so far. It serves a purpose.

Thinking of some blacked out windows and some chrome spinners:flypig:

·
Registered
116 Posts
Should have bought an old Rover or Peugeot diesel. £1k for the car, even with the higher tax and insurance etc. you will still be saving thousands.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts