MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Got the MG bug bad...
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These Belong to ShaunZR who picked them up on Ebay but didn't have a place to store them. Me and Kate have a massive garage so we offered it to him. In between work I have been restoring them as best I can. The seats themselves weren't too bad but had one major stain, the obvious bolster wear and bobbling of the fabric.

Method:
1. Cleaned the fabric using AG Shampoo and Car Pride Instant Valet, this removed the stain and surface dirt.
2. I allowed this to dry naturally over 24 hours in a warm front room lol
3. I then cleaned the Leather using a variety of leather cleaners, boot polish and wipes (shown below)
4. I then had some black leather dye kicking around and thought that was the best way to touch in the scuffs and it worked really well.
5. Whilst that was drying I tackled the bobbling fabric, and for this I used a Razor Blade. 99% of it has gone and they look as good as new.

Apologies for the crap iPhone pics

Before:

After:

P.S. Last Pic, Not a dirt mark but where my hand has been and the way the material is
Cheers :)

·
Registered
160 Posts
Luke - I think i love you :/ lolz, seriously though mate i can't thank you enough. I can't wait to see them in the flesh again.

·
YELLOW PERIL
2,407 Posts
Great result, I cheat and use a black marker pen!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can see if it you look hard, but..............

1 - 4 of 4 Posts